Friends

by livingagain 7 Replies latest jw friends

• livingagain
    livingagain

I was in a car acident about 9 months ago and the lawyer handling my case sent me a form today to list my friends who could state what my condition was before the accident and after. Problem with that is I was a JW for close to 30 years and have been fading for about a year. I couldn't get them to do that unless I made a come back to the meetings and I am too glad to be free to ever go back. I will have to tell him that I was in a cult and don't have any friends I can list. I wonder whe will think of this? I am not that close to my family either seeing/speaking with them rarely so they couldn't help either. Workmates can't help because I only worked the job a short while before the accident so they didn't really know me yet. Do you think this a sad situation to find oneself in at 53 years of age?

• berylblue
    berylblue
    don't have any friends I can list

Oh, lliving again, I'm so sorry.

I am in somewhat the same situation. I do have one friend (non-JW), but I lost all my "friends" when I was DF.

Rosemarie

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Isn't that a nasty feeling? Yet another reason why having only one support group in your life is unhealthy -- when it's taken away, you have no one. Okay, now get out there and meet your neighbors! Have a block party! Take your hairdresser to lunch! Volunteer at a homeless shelter! Let's get out there and MAKE FRIENDS!!!

Nina

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Okay, enough pep talk. Time for hugs. (((((livingagain))))) (((((Rosemarie)))))

Livingagain, I'm glad you're getting over your car accident, but it sounds like you have some lingering problems. I'm glad you're doing something proactive about it, and I'm sure your lawyer can help you find a way around HAVING to go back to meetings.

Love,

Nina

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Livingagain,

Have your lawyer write to the congregation and ask for affadavits from some of your past associates. Perhaps with the lawyers letterhead staring them in the face they will respond rather than project to an outsider a bad image of their congregation, and you won't have to muddy your feet in the hall again.

Thunder

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Maybe if you explained the situation and let them know about this forum and us being ex-JW's we could substantiate their policy etc. I to have no friends my niece just came up for a makeup party and I had no one but Robdar to invite. Isn't that sad one friend at 39(well besides my hubby and my daughter in a good mood)

• little witch
    little witch

Not true, SheilaM, I am your friend ! We just haven't met in person yet, right?

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Whoa Sheila,

I've never met you in person, but I consider you a friend and will surely meet you and Thunder in the not too distant future. Don't wish to hijack this thread but I think this points out the value of aposta fests. It is sure easy to make friends at one of those shindigs. Bug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit