Will the org ever be forced to do this?

by careful 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• careful
    careful

https://www.toledoblade.com/news/World/2019/02/19/nuns-priests-vatican-city-apologize-inaction-cover-ups/stories/20190220019

The Catholic leaders acknowledge "that their family-like communities blinded them to sexual abuse and led to misplaced loyalties, denial, and cover-ups."

Will the GB ever have to do the same, or will they just keep demanding silence from their members who know the facts and keep buying the silence from victims through confidentiality agreements when settling lawsuits?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Will the GB ever have to do the same, or will they just keep demanding silence

They will only do it when the cost of the litigation (or the threat of the loss of their tax exempt status) forces them to change..

Image result for follow the money

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    DesirousOfChange - "...the threat of the loss of their tax exempt status..."

I don't think they'll budge, even if faced with this possibility.

I suspect that from the WT leadership's POV, the internal damage would be even worse than loss of charity status..

• hoser
    hoser

If it comes to losing tax status they will claim persecution from Satan’s old system.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The GB won`t be forced to do anything they don`t want to do. Aren`t they champions of "Legally Defending The Good News " actually getting laws changed to suit there agenda ?

So I wouldn` hold my breath.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has had property taken away by governments. It is no accident that the WTS chose the US as their international headquarters, religions seem to be protected more strenuously here legally.

The WTS predicts that the governments will soon attack them as they considered themselves the only true worshippers. So they even have a spin for that event when and if it happens. (sounds like Scientology)

I have had 2 different GB members over the years tell me that if the WTS went to trial on the cases they won in the past it is more likely the WTS would not win them in court.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    hoser - "If it comes to losing tax status they will claim persecution from Satan’s old system."

"Paying back Caesar's things to Caesar" is persecution? :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit