Happy Winter Solstice!

by jp1692 8 Replies latest social current

• jp1692
    jp1692

Happy Winter Solstice to all!

The solstice this year will be extra special because it will be followed the next day by a full moon known as the Cold Moon, and depending on your location, you might be able to see the Ursid meteor shower to boot.

Enjoy!

Image result for winter solstice

• waton
    waton

Thank you, the same to you. In the tropics this is hardly noticeable, but for us northerners, living on a north slope, having the sun starting from today to reach further down again, is great news, an up! Solace from Sol.

It is a long dark day for wt in Canada, with the naked truth out of Edmonton.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Happy winter solstice, merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all!

Or as they say in Johnny Arab land ...

Image result for kul 'aam wa antum bikhair

• new boy
    new boy

Yes hard to believe the world was suppose to end six years ago today. On the other hand I guess the world was going to end back in 1975...so much for failed prophecies.lol

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Merry Christmas!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    Hail Odin - It's Yule!
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree

And a very Happy Winter Solstice to you!

Cold moon and meteor shower ... Isn't that a sign the end is soon?

• titch
    titch

Thanks for the nice Solstice wishes.....But, one must remember, it is Happy Winter Solstice Day, for those of us who are in the Northern Hemisphere. For all of those who are in the Southern Hemisphere, it would be Happy SUMMER Solstice Day. Whatever. The Summer/Winter Solstice DID happen on the 21st of December. But, you know something, I've often wondered, What is it at the Equator, that imaginary dividing line that separates the two hemispheres of Earth? What is it there? Is it Winmer, perhaps? Or, Sumter? I wonder. Just a thought. And, during the Spring and Autumn periods, what is it along the Equator? Sprautumn? Autring? Who knows. Well, have a pleasant change of seasons, wherever you might be!

Titch.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`ll drink to that titch , and thank you jp1692 , happy solstice back to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit