Unlikely Place For a JW Reference

by TD 2 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

Probably a useless piece of trivia, but then I have a trivial mind....

Unless I'm color blind, two of the band members in Rammstein's recent music video, Deutschland, are depicted as Bible Students.

From left to right, Oliver Riedel wears a pink triangle, (homosexual) Paul Landers wears a yellow Star of David, (Jewish) Till Lindemann wears a yellow & purple Star of David (Jewish Bible Student) and Christian Lorenz wears a simple purple triangle (Gentile Bible Student)

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Caught that as well. The vid is pretty fuggin' brutal. Shocking, really. The one SS Guard has a Swastika armband. In Germany, anything like that is strictly forbidden, for fear of promoting it. Apparently Rammstein doesn't give a fugg.

• TD
    TD

Well to be fair, Section 86 of the Strafgesetzbuch exempts the following categories:

„Kunst oder der Wissenschaft, der Forschung oder der Lehre, der Berichterstattung über Vorgänge des Zeitgeschehens oder der Geschichte oder ähnlichen Zwecken dient."

(Art or science, research or teaching, reporting of events in current affairs or history or similar purposes.)

I agree that the video was disturbing though. (Which is why the JW reference is not one JW's are likely to notice...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit