So...I did a thing! I sent an email about JW stuff that got read out on a popular podcast!

by stuckinarut2 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey all!

So, we are all aware of the appalling WT study article from a few weeks back called "Do You Have the Facts?"

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-august-2018/do-you-have-facts/

It annoyed me so much, that I sent an email to the Podcast "Thank God I'm Atheist" hosted by two former Mormons. Their episode #358 highlighted how the Mormon leadership (GB equivalent) gave a stern talk to all Mormons last week telling them to "never read, listen or watch anti-Mormon apostate stuff!"

It was so amazing to hear that within a week of each other, both JWs and LDS/Mormons all received the same counsel!

So, I sent the guys an email drawing their attention to the WT study article.

They had fun briefly ripping it apart! :

http://www.thankgodimatheist.com/ Starts at 41:50 #359 episode

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

Nice to hear they recognise the familiar attempts to control their patrons thinking, albeit from a different brand! Same ingredients tho...

I have fantasies of some Russian hacker, hacking the breaking news section or jw. (B)org and inserting actual relevant to jw news! Imagine the complaints to the authorities....! We were hacked and they were smearing our name with truth and facts... Sheesh sorry guys we'll see what we can do.. cue eye roll from the authorities

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh that's great Normalfulla!
    Imagine that! If REAL news got put onto their site!

Oh wow...great idea

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

You know what I'd like to do as an experiment? Sit down some JWs and ask them to get a load of this LDS talk that was given about the Mormon naysayers and outsiders. Highlight the paranoia and constricting thought control and censorship that is bestowed upon that minority group. Get the JWs to agree. Then casually ask the Witnesses what they think of the latest WT lawsuit lost in Montana.

Watch them scramble.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh that is a great idea WakeMe!

Show them the ridiculous stuff from the other faith, and once they start mocking it, show the stuff from JW!

Cue "deer in headlights" moment

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ stuckinarut2...

Wasn't there a thing where a couple guys disguised a Bible as a Koran, read passages from it to random people on the street, and then surprised them by showing them the real book cover?

I seem to recall one guy got really mad afterward and stormed off.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

YES! Vidiot...I recall seeing that on youtube. It was awesome.

Not sure who it was.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Thanks for getting the word out about that WT article.

Here's a few things that were funny in the Podcast.

"We need good facts, so don't read things... We can see what happens to people when they get exposed to the truth it ruins our whole business model."

I thought the scripture that says, "The truth shall set you free." meant that God's house has nothing to hide.The real truth does not need to live in a bubble.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit