Inappropriate Behavior

by rebelfighter 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

rebelfighter - "...funny how I posted the same thing on FB and got a totally different reaction over there."

Care to elaborate?

• jeanniebeanzz
    jeanniebeanzz

Interesting, rebel; your Facebook comment made me think...

According to just a quick Facebook text search, there are lots of people who post about changing clothes in the parking lot of the gym rather than in the dressing room... some because they are uncomfortable changing in the gym dressing room in close contact with others because they were victims of childhood sexual abuse in the school locker rooms by... applies to men and women both. I had no idea.

So, I am wondering if this guy you are dissing is a rape or child abuse victim who is more comfortable changing where he can be seen (and helped by others in an emergency) rather than chance doing so in a space he views as dangerous.

Just a thought...

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Jeannibeanzz, " interesting rebel:, your Facebook comment made me think....

there are too many rebels on the forum, so please don't associate my inferior comments with those of " rebelfighter" However for really meaningful and worthwhile " rebel" comments I recommend a poster called " rebel 8"

• Vidiot
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

jeanniebeanzz - "...because they are uncomfortable changing in the gym dressing room in close contact with others because they were victims of childhood sexual abuse..."

Good to remember.

Related, I'm sure, to the fact that (unbeknownst to most and contrary to popular belief) rather than becoming unhealthily hyper-sexual, the vast majority of sexual assault victims feel extremely uncomfortable at the prospect of being sexualized by others.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    tornapart-" One of my favourite commercials was The Levi 501 in the Laundrette (1985)."

Try this version.

This advert was on British television in the mid 80s. Is it really that offensive?

https://youtu.be/oCemJAd3KZA

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    jeanniebeanzz,

That is extremely good point but at the same time I do think he could have picked a better place or at the very least went between the cars with the car doors open.

I just guess all my fb friends are like me, an age thing or something who knows and we are just all shocked by this behavior. LOL

• tornapart
    tornapart

@Giles Gray... that's even better! Haha Got to love our Brit humour eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit