Healing yourself in UV rays

by Pleasuredome 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

isn't it nice to get a blast from the past from WTS literature? here's two great quotes i found recently, about how we can benifit from sun bathing, and how mankind can't go into space.

Golden Age, Sept. 13, 1933, p. 777> -- "The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing"

The Truth Shall Make You Free, 1943, p. 285 -- "Man on earth can no more get rid of these demonic `heavens' (the organization of wicked spirits) than man can by airplane or rockets or other means get up above the air envelope which is about our earthly globe and in which man breathes."

i'm sure someone could create a comic book with WTS literature!

• Spudinator
    Spudinator

Marvel already did...Doctor Strange!

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dungeon/9591/

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

doh! the link doesnt work, spud

• wonderer2003
  • Francois
    Francois

That's a great recipe for starting skin lesions leading directly to malignant melanoma (um, and no, it isn't "just skin cancer." Melanoma will kill you deader than a door nail, sometimes in less than thirty days.)

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

than man can by airplane or rockets or other means get up above the air envelope which is about our earthly globe and in which man breathes."

So I guess it was "New Light" when space travel happened.

I remember the interpretation of "the powers of the heavens will be shaken" as meaning that we'd have space travel and how war would be fought in outer space as well as on the Earth.

Do y'all remember this one particular cover they had on either a Watchtower or Awake? It was around the time that Reagan's SDI was in the news. It showed the Earth viewed from space and nuclear missiles being launched. And one "satellite" in the picture was this huge laser gun shooting one of the missiles. If you looked close at that satellite, at the bottom of it was this tiny little astronaut working the controls. Pretty decent artwork, but come on!

Mike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit