I got shunned today

by Anna Marina 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I went into town today and saw an elderly publisher from my ex-congregation. Because she was a gentle soul, I went up to her and said, 'hello'. She looked at me and said, 'I'm sorry I cannot talk to you.'

I replied, 'I am not disfellowshipped.' That was my shorthand way of telling her I was not apostate according to the Bible's standards. 'It was announced from the platform,' she said. 'But it wasn't true, I was slandered,' I replied.

She shook her head, turned away from me and carried on walking up the road. I left it at that and said no more.

She was on her own. I had given her a chance to get the facts but the power of the slander that came from the platform the night I was thrown out meant she would not listen to an innocent person.

Her son smokes pot. He is baptised and not disfellowshipped and she speaks to him.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    Indeed a very sad and misguided doctrine. Sadly enough people want this rule of men (1 Kings 10:19...) It happens many places sadly but very few other than jw have it as a dogma
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

I'm sorry this happened to you.

These people are misguided and quite frankly very cruel. They will only associate with their own (other JW's) and that is even questionable . As disturbing as this was to you, keep focused that you are no longer part of the cruel and abusive cult. Not only will they not get any of your time but will also not receive any of your hard earned money.

WT is getting a bad reputation with the child sexual abuse cases that are piling up. I think they are starting to get very well known for their cruel shunning. Who the hell is going to want to become a JW. Just Google Jehovah's witnesses and you will see the wonderful reputation they now have.

You are free and they are still captive! Enjoy your freedom!

• Half banana
    Half banana

Anna you spoke according to your conscience, however much a defamation of your character, it is only from those who have closed minds who can't think for themselves. You are not one of them any more, you have acted honorably.

Or have I got it wrong and you would rather still be there?

It is irksome to be slandered, my disassociation, (not d/f) was announced to the congregation which meant to them that I had gone over to Satan's side and signalled that I was now an opposer of Jehovah's Witnesses. Although it was true, it was not the message I had left them with. To doubt the wisdom of the GB even for a split second is heresy. I thought, let them stew in their own juice! but my bewildered children grew up thinking I had done something terribly bad. I felt a great injustice.

Just the other week I heard of inside gossip from my old congregation which was that the apostate Half banana has written a damning book against the Org. I would rather that be true -- but in fact I haven't!

Why bother with paranoid cultists?

Really the slander you feel is from JWs not sentient, sensible inhabitants of this planet -- as Toes up says "You are free and they are still captive".

At the same time we do sympathise with your predicament.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The JWs religion if full of lies, corruption, ignorance, exploitation and dangerous harm.

Know it, believe it, accept it.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

What I have said to JWs in the past, "Good riddance to bad rubbish, I'm glad that people don't associate me with such an awful organization." Now I can also add a bit about protectors of pedos to that phrase.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Almost every one I ever knew as a JW when I was in the cult would give a pass to their own kids and cover for them while making others a scapegoat or pointing a finger at them. I saw an elder who went to bat against other elders who were DFing his daughter for having an orgy, not making it up, and they finally told him to back off or they would report him. Its do as we say not as we do.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Some JW kids had to be home at 10, some were picked up at the disco at 4

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

JimmyYoung and JoenB75 - yes the elders do protect their children. I actually managed to df the GB before they put me in the catapult. But just before I took the password of the website I had built for df'ing the GB, I went to an elder who had been a good friend to me. I went to see if he would do anything to help me me so I didn't take the password off.

The issue I was talking to this elder about was that the 3rd year of Jehoiakim's rulership really was the 3rd year of Jehoiakim's rulership. He said, "you can't be certain." I said I was certain. Then he said, "you are irrational." I said, "will you look at the scriptures and show me where I am wrong?" He said, "no."

But his daughter committed adultery. She was going to be df'd but he sorted it for her because he did not want to be cut off from her. As for me, when he passes me now, he turns his face towards the hedge.

Half Banana - I am glad I am out of that cult. Also not everyone is shunning me. But thought I'd share my life on the shun with you all today.

Fink - I know it, believe it and accept it. I learnt a lesson - it was good education, even if I had to learn from my mistakes.

ToesUp - I am enjoying my freedom. It is wierd being shunned, laughable in one way, hurtful in another. But being thrown out by them is great in one way. I have freedom of speech and I am glad I have my voice. They tried to gag me and failed.

Tameria2001 - I am glad not to be associated with such a mind-control cult. It is vile. It is not Christian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit