Simon's "Evil" Apostate site vs. JWTalk.com

by Funchback 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Funchback
    Funchback

I stumbled across JWTalk.com recently and I wasn't able to read many things posted there because I wasn't a member. So, I decided to join (it's free). I am not interested in re-becoming a JW. I was there merely to see how the current sheeple view matters nowadays and to see how different it may or may not be when I left Dubdom 11 yers ago.

Just like its mother organization, it is chock full of rules, guilt tactics and fear mongering. Don't believe me? Try to join and you'll see. To save you some time, I am posting the hoops you must jump through to join.

One other thing, Simon's site is open to anyone. Even a hardcore JW can join and interact. Sadly, it's not so tolerant at JWTalk.

Here are some of their rules and such, as well as questions you must answer:

• Are you an active publisher of the good news?
    • Are you baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses?
    • What is your FULL NAME, both first and last (read Psalms 26:4)? This will be kept confidential and private. (Funchback's note: Psalms 26:4 reads, "I do not associate with deceitful men, And I avoid those who hide what they are.")
    • What is the name of your congregation? This will be kept confidential and private.
    • What is the name of the book that contains the questions for baptism?
    • In that book, PART 2 of the Appendix, look at question #16. What is that question? Please type it here.
    • Please explain briefly and in your own words what practical lesson we learn from John 8:44.

Who Can Be a Registered Member at JWTalk.net?

To post comments or create content on JWTalk, you must be an active publisher associated with Jehovah’s Witnesses, baptized or not. An active publisher has a share in the work of proclaiming Jehovah’s Kingdom every month and reports it, and is thus counted among us in the monthly and yearly reports. In other words, participation in this community is intended for Jehovah’s Witnesses only.

If an extenuating circumstance causes you to go temporarily inactive, this does not mean you have to abstain from participating in our community. However, should you become “no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses” via disassociation or disfellowshipping, it would be appropriate for you to privately contact the staff informing us that this is the case. Your account will be disabled, but not deleted. It can be reactivated at a later time when your circumstances have turned around and you have been reinstated.

What is JWTalk’s Code of Conduct?

The same behavior expected of you in the congregation is expected here in our online community. Our forum is operated by and for true Christians. This is a site for real Jehovah's Witnesses to engage in peaceful discussion, and not a place for argumentative debates. Therefore, your goal in contributing to a topic should be to share something of interest that will build up your brothers and sisters.

We seek to maintain an upbuilding, entertaining, safe, open, and intellectually stimulating environment, where mature Christians can exercise their God-given "freeness of speech." (2 Corinthians 3:12)

Are Certain Things Not Permitted to be Posted on JWTalk?

We will not tolerate anything against Biblical standards, including apostasy and unclean or obscene speech. (Eph 5:3,4; 2 Tim 2:16-18) Links to apostate sites (anti-witness sites) will get you banned, as will hateful speech and obscene language.

J. A few more points...

* Do not use the forums or your status updates to sound off on what you think the organization should do differently. It is discouraging, and quite frankly not up to you anyhow.

* Since all members of this community are supposed to be active publishers of the good news and counted as Jehovah’s Witnesses in our monthly and annual reports, you must NOT count the time you spend participating on this forum in your monthly field service reports.

* We understand that people are shy. If you comment here at JWTalk, please be making an honest, sincere, prayerful effort to comment at your congregation meetings as well.

Ugh! The whole thing can be read here: http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/1450-forum-membership-policy/

• schnell
    schnell

Well, fuck them.

• stillin
    stillin

No secret handshake?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

* Do not use the forums or your status updates to sound off on what you think the organization should do differently. It is discouraging, and quite frankly not up to you anyhow.

At least 1 JW knows..

JW`s have "no say" in the WBT$ JW Cult..

• schnell
    schnell
    We seek to maintain an upbuilding, entertaining, safe, open, and intellectually stimulating environment, where mature Christians can exercise their God-given "freeness of speech." (2 Corinthians 3:12)

Derp.

• Simon
    Simon

Free speech - you're free to repeat whatever the WTS has told you to say.

• schnell
    schnell

It's just cult reinforcement, and it insures that as the WTS bleeds financially, a new organization can be swung from many of the current network of followers. Such also happens when a pyramid scheme is shut down by the feds and all the uplines swing their networks into a new organization selling some other crappy product.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And yet the official policy and direction from the GB is that those sites ARE NOT ENDORSED or APPROVED by them.

So, really, those that host that site are going against "theocratic direction" anyway!

• Deleteandrestart
    Deleteandrestart

The thought control just goes on forever.

• freddo
    freddo

How about a post like this:

"I was in the ministry last Saturday morning and a concerned gentleman showed me this advert (link to ambulance chasing lawyer "were you abused by jw's?" advert) - I of course told him that it was probably put there by apostates but I prayed about it and now believe I could have answered it better - any ideas?

I want to make a return visit and make an answer in accord with 1 Peter 3 v 15."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit