Jehovah's witnesses are the fastest growing religion.

by hoser 87 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    More anecdotes. What is it about hard evidence you dislike so much? Censuses and surveys in many countries consistently show Mormons have far fewer members than they claim. Why are they wrong in your opinion?
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    JWs are better at screening people before baptism. They even turn some away for lack of attendance. Mormons will baptise practically anyone as soon as they can, ideally within 6 weeks of meeting them. So it's not as much that Mormons lose nominal members as they never really embedded them in the church to start with.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    because their physical expansion proves otherwise, I know what I see with my own eyes or do you doubt that? the tabernacle close to me has been there before I was born I can remember as far back as I could possible remember because we used to drive past it every week on the way to the KH, a few years back possible 4 or 5 it underwent a big refurbishment and expansion, maybe 20 years or so ago the Ewell Surrey tabernacle was constructed, it is a vast building (Google it) and is packed out every week, the local traffic and car park shows this , I work very close to their London HQ, on Exhibition Road, it is packed out on a day to day basis, they queue down the road to get in, is that a sign of decline or growth? or are my eyes playing tricks with me? or I could be hallucinating?
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Jw's are better at screening people for baptism? are you having a joke? we dont call them a paedophiles paradise for nothing, you are attacking the validity of victims now which is uncalled for. proportionally they harbour a far worse child abuse scandal then the so called churches of Christendom which they continually attack, not a very good screening programme is it? You know this though
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    does it matter if its 6 weeks, 6 months, or 6 years, just think the after the jw paedophile gets baptised he has a life time to abuse and rape children, what a great stat
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well the Mormon congregation in my town has declined. In fact it was downgraded from a congregation to a small group. (Forget the terminology, branch or stake or something) So has the JW congregation declined to be fair but not as much. (55 down from a peak of about 85) Plus there are still three JW congregations to one Mormon group.

Ryan Cragun knows the Mormon church inside out. He was a Mornon missionary and now writes about Mormon decline among other topics from an academic perspective. Check out his stuff.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    • "does it matter if its 6 weeks, 6 months, or 6 years, just think the after the jw paedophile gets baptised he has a life time to abuse and rape children, what a great stat"

I think we're talking at cross purposes. I'm saying JWs are growing faster. I'm not saying that's a good thing. All the evidence shows official Mormon figures are bogus.

It will be very interesting to see how JWs cope with decline if and when it happens but it's not happened yet. So far Mormons have managed it by fluffing the numbers. That can't work forever.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I would guarantee that out of a 100 ex Mormon activists 100 would say the church is in decline, possibly an idea would be to take a look at both sides of the argument, I would have thought that the leaders in Utah have a fair idea about their churches growth or decline. Didn't The Worldwide Church of God some years back make some absolute radical changes to its organizational structure as they were losing members? at least they showed some honesty. I'm not a fan of seeing any religious group expanding and look forward to the day they all sink without trace, especially radical Islam, our world in the 21st century would be a better place without any of them IMO, a lot of groups have had a boom and bust cycle, IMO the WTS is in large decline and the CoLDS seems to be growing.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    not by the 2014/15 report, a clear embarrassment for them, after their decades of boasting , the celestial chariot moving at speed! maybe the CoLDS have a more accurate, realistic and honest approach in the way they report their world wide growth, and dont put a pathetic spin on everything like the WTS does, wonder what the 15/16 report will be like? they have they fall out of the ARC to deal with.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Why then are census return in half a dozen countries wrong about Mormons and only wrong about Mormons? Seems somewhat unlikely, to put it mildly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit