Jehovah's witnesses are the fastest growing religion.

by hoser 87 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I had the impression that JWs are a revolving door religion. In countries where growth is faster they go out just as fast as well.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Growth is net, so it takes into account leaving as well as joining.

In fact that seems to be the biggest problem with Mormon figures. Believe it or not they count people joining but they don't count people leaving. They act as if everyone who ever became a Mormon still is a Mormon. If JWs did that they'd have a "membership" of 20 million or something like that.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Mormons are Mormons until excommunicated or they ask to be removed from church rolls or they die. JWs are counted if they are minimally active publishers. That doesn't require baptism even.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Had he hears what sam hurd said a few days ago on JW broadcasting about CUTS CUTS CUTS
  • TheMark
    TheMark
    They are getting overweight. Too many donuts I say.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

JWs are the fastest invisible growth religion.

And their preaching work is speeding up invisibly, too.

From the visible evidence I've seen, they're just a few people that stand next to litteratrash carts looking bored. People walk past them like they are invisible. That's what I saw yesterday.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    It was said from the platform, so it must be true!
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Ho Ho Ho! And i'm Father Christmas. Ho Ho Ho!
  • Divergent
    Divergent

The "fastest growing religion" for decades, but with only 8 million+ members???

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I see more and more Mormons in street work and D2D in Central London and the suburbs than ever, they cover the territory in the suburb I live in very frequently, far more then the JW's ever do, just looking at that evidence must show they are growing especially in Northern Europe where the WTS is experiencing massive decline. Evangelical Christianity seems to be booming still in the areas of London where I reside, especially big in Inner London, I have also noticed a large number of industrial style buildings being converted into their places of worships, but see a fair few JW congs in London disbanded, sold off or merged, a couple of years back a smallish Mormon Temple/meeting place underwent a very large refurbishment/expansion just a couple of miles down the road from me, the main Temple in Epsom a few miles in the other direction continues to expand and causes traffic chaos in the area every time they meet, hardly evidence of a church in decline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit