Again a knock at the door!

by JWdaughter 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

NOTHING for years, and twice in two weeks I get JWs at the door. I didn't feel like talking to them and said I had plenty of bibles and read them. I had a plan, but I was getting ready to leave the house and didn't want to get into it. At this rate someone will be here next week if I decide to do the confrontation thing.

It was a father and daughter. NO bible. They both had ipads and notepads (like the leather bound kind). So weird.

• schnell
    schnell

Heh. Geez. Well they say now that having the Bible might make people uncomfortable, so let's just have iPads then... *rolls eyes* Yeah, that doesn't get recognized immediately.

• schnell
    schnell

I saw a conversation on Twitter this morning where people (non-JWs, mind you) were airing their experiences with JWs. One JW told the householder "we're not Creationists, we just believe mankind is 6000 years old". Another browsed through her iPad and asked her householder, "Have you heard of the Book of Genesis?"

Way to go, guys!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

It was a father and daughter. NO bible. They both had ipads and notepads (like the leather bound kind). So weird.

If that was in the neighborhoods I went preaching, I could have gotten robbed or killed for the darn iPads. Though come to think of it, people read less books and printed materials, so maybe there's an app they can download? Maybe they are promoting their literature through and app?

I also know that they are slacking left and right, which in my view is a clear sign that the WT has no interest in making money from their preaching as strongly as they did before, especially now that their real estate business is thriving.

Either way, please be kind to them when confronting them (unless you come across one that is like I was, that wouldn't take no for and answer and people had to yell at me to leave). After all they have plenty to deal with as active JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit