How did you do?

by lisavegas420 6 Replies latest social relationships

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

The following is the philosophy of Charles Schultz, the creator of the “Peanuts” comic strip.

You don’t have to actually answer the questions. Just read straight through, and you’ll get the point.

1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
    2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
    3. Name the last five winners of the Miss American contest.
    4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
    5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for the best actor and actress.
    6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.

How did you do?

The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields.

But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.

Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:

1. List a few teachers who aided your journey thought school or lilfe.

2. Name three friends who have helped you though a difficult time.

3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile

4. Think of a few people who made you feel appreciated and special.

5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.

6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stores have inspired you.

Easier?

The lesson

The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards.

They are the ones that care.

Pass this on the those people who have made a difference in your life.

“Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today….It’s already tomorrow in Australia”

(Charles Schultz)

• Hamas
    Hamas

Very good post. Made perfect sense.

• shamus
    shamus

How very true!

You just made me smile for the first time in days. I've laughed, but not felt like it... Thanks! Great advice.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Yes Lisa, that was a good one.

I have seen it, but not for awhile, never hurts to see that one again.

Great wisdom in its simplistic form: beautiful

• Prisca
    Prisca

Beautiful post, thanks for sharing it.

• LongHauler
    LongHauler

Philosophy from a comic strip writer. Thats a new one on me. Should I be paying closer attention to the daily Doonesbury? Is there blinding insight into my own life flowing from the witty banter of Dilbert? Good lord does this mean Kevin Smith (Of Jay and Silent Bob fame) is really a genius, and not just a comic book geek slash poth

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

Man that one really make one think. Think of all the adoration those that we forget recieve but how fleeting it really is. I will always remember my kindergarten teacher who show up at the state spelling bee finals that I was in...just cause I was there. But ask me who the president was back then....or what was the hit movie...all forgotten.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit