Possible reason for cancellation of book study in homes.

by Amelia Ashton 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Any changes that are made by the wtbts, doctrine, meetings, contribution methods, they are all "loving provisions" from the FDS. I'm sure nothing else factors in.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Doesn't surprise me at all; I came to suspect this a long time ago.

x

This bit in particular stood out to me (and dovetails nicely with Jackson's follow-up letter to the Aussie RC):

"He said they were condescending, pious, and refused to believe that there was an issue with their '2-witness rule'."

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Witness My Fury: when the magazines all went on donation basis only, that was due to taxation issues in France (I think). But the adjustment was global.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The WTBTS tried to help a T.V Evangelist dodge taxes by supporting him in court, knowing that it could benefit them as well. They...err...Jeehoober enacted the "donation arrangement" soon after.

I have no reason to doubt that FB post, and every reason to doubt the motives of the WTBTS.

DD

• Gayle
    Gayle
    I suspect all this dismissing Bethelites, DOs/COs, and Special Pioneers has something to do with some legal status requirements for their long term aging and health care.
  • Mephis
    Mephis

The 2008 Charity Commission work was more on them having something resembling a child protection policy and to write down what they were meant to do clearly. (If that sounds familiar, this issue is the same the Aussie Royal Commission have hammered them for too). There was no threat to charitable status at the time. It was about having procedures in place, oh and also making sure that trustees of a charity (typically elders) who were aware of serious crimes informed relevant authorities. If that seems familiar... yeah.

Struggling with the story's link between Tuesday book study and the Mill Hill inquiry to be honest. Seems someone may be making much of this. Sorry. Hate to be sceptical. Can certainly believe aspects and parts of the story though. Just not that direct link between things from here in the UK. An overall realisation of liability and consequences does chime though.

• prologos
    prologos
    The meeting in homes churches was one practice to be traced back to the acts of the apostles, letters. . My take of the cancellation? the separate book study proved to be the breeding ground for interesting comments. better to regain centralized power. as to this "revelation"? a real ego trip, to single handedly change the course of 8 million believers.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Amelia, thanks for sharing. This just confirms what all of the other evidence supports!
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Yeah, that's what I thought about moving the book study to the KH's, it was a liability issue. To avoid any legal problems.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I find this very believable. The letter the Watchtower sent to congregations at the time claimed they were stopping the book study because of high petrol (gas) prices. It must be one of the weirdest excuses they've ever come up with. Does anyone have a copy of that letter?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit