WT rules about forgiving a cheating mate

by Addison0998 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Addison0998
    Addison0998

I hate the rule about if your mate cheats on you, and you have sex with them, you are not free to remarry because the sex means you forgave them and keeps you stuck with them! I personally disagree and think it’s so controlling that they think they can dictate what goes on behind closed doors between two consenting, legally married married people. And that they think they have the right to label what other people’s sex means. I don’t know if I would personally sleep with someone who had cheated on me, but hell, if we still have to live together until the divorce, it happens, sometimes people get horny, and besides they might end up single for the rest of their lives if they’re middle aged, sometimes people just want one last time. But anyways the Bible never even mentions this, so I find it crazy how other witnesses aren’t bothered by this at all.

• Poztate
    Poztate

In a more bizarre twist you could have sex with them again but still insist on a divorce due to adultery.The WT naturally would insist that is not a scriptural divorce and therefore no divorce occurred. After this you decide to have sex with them again since so no divorce occurred according to WT however then they would charge you with adultery or at the very least brazen conduct. A no win situation

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

It is not just JWs - Religion, in general, has Poisoned sex.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

It's weird that they don't inform you of this in their canned wedding talks. (Do they still say if your husband has sex with men....it's not adultery because there is no chance of pregnancy?)

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

No they dont. I never heard that by the way.

• Listener
    Listener

They changed the definition of adultery so that it included more than intercourse. It was extended to include the manipulation of another persons sexual organs other than their marriage mate. According to them, the females breasts are not a sexual organ.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Ah yes...and it takes three men to tell the "aggrieved party" whether they can be free or not....

• cha ching
    cha ching

Amen! the WT is insane! and controlling! and EVERYTHING! Right!!??

• Addison0998
    Addison0998

And again this posted twice for some reason, and I really pissed somebody off, who accused me of being a sex crazed creepy old man lol, but I didn’t mean for it to come out like that.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

Also, don't forget that it is adultry when a person is raped. And by the cult's standards one cannot rape (or be raped by) their spouse. And if it is a child that is raped, then they are guilty of having sex before marriage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit