How a true Lords Memorial is done. . .

by BereanThinker7 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BereanThinker7
    BereanThinker7

https://vimeo.com/331344272

For those interested to see how the Free Bible Students conduct the memorial service for the Lords Evening Meal. Also before there is an actual meal with Lamb served and home cooked food where everybody gets to enjoy the meal and fellowship together. Then in the talk it is made clear, there is one mediator for Christians and partaking is the outward demonstration of faith in Jesus sacrifice. In this way we can be anointed with spirit and then Christ the Lambs blood can be offered in place of our sins.

• BereanThinker7
    BereanThinker7

Also for any curious there were prob about 80 or so ppl there. The camera angle makes the place look kinda empty. . .

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

Very interesting. I listened to the audio of the Chicago Bible Students' memorial service. I noticed that they used one of the same hymns. I also noticed that they don't use the name Jehovah when they pray. I talked with a Bible Student through email, and he said that they celebrated the memorial on the 18th of April this year. It's good to be able to learn about all of these things now. Even though I'm not interested in organized religion anymore, learning from an educational standpoint helps me to be a more well rounded person. I've even been looking for video of a black mass ceremony to compare it with a JW memorial. I still haven't found one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• BereanThinker7
    BereanThinker7

I haven't seen video of one a black mass but I'm sure we've all heard that it's part of that ritual to reject the emblems as well, which is creepy, and makes you wonder if Anton LaVey took the idea from the witnesses!! lol

I really enjoy reading about the early Watchtower history now as well ironically that's how I found the Berean Bible Students in Lombard, and have enjoyed their association and the fact they won't invade your life.

A really good history book that covers the first 3 presidents of the org is Tony Wills - A People For His Name and of course Jim Penton's - Apocalypse Delayed. Lots of interesting characters in those early days, P.S.L. Johnson and his antics in England which unfortunately was the catalyst for Rutherford takeover, W.F. Salter in Canada trying to take the branch's assets and sending letters to congregations worldwide in the name of the Org, and E. C. Henninges and the New Covenant schism and him actually walking away the the Orgs Australian assets and most of the Australian "ecclesia" leaving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit