Awake 1990 "I'm Afraid I'll Get Disfellowshipped.

by Fabian 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fabian
    Fabian

Again Cleaning/Organizing my Huge Collection of jws books, I happened to go now pick up the 1990 Awake and stumbled on this March 22, 1990 page 27.

It is true that one cannot back out of a dedication to God. (Compare Ecclesiastes 5:4.) A person dedicating himself to God takes on a serious responsibility. He or she is obliged to “walk worthily of Jehovah to the end of fully pleasing him.” (Colossians 1:10) One engaging in gross wrongdoing even risks being expelled from the Christian congregation.​—1 Corinthians 5:11-13.

Yet, one cannot reason that as long as one is not baptized, anything goes. For “if one knows how to do what is right and yet does not do it, it is a sin for him”​—baptized or unbaptized! (James 4:17) One may avert formal expulsion from the congregation, but one cannot escape Jehovah’s judgment. “Make no mistake,” warns Paul, “there is no thumbing your nose at God; for a man will reap just the same that he sows.”​—Galatians 6:7, Byington.

First off Read all these Verses and Got Jack Nothing to do with Baptism. And There is Nothing in the Scriptures about Dedication to do with Baptism.

Let's look at Ecclesiastes 5:4

Young's Literal

Ecclesiastes 5:4

When thou vowest a vow to God, delay not to complete it, for there is no pleasure in fools; that which thou vowest--complete.

So wait a minute read the whole chapter what does this chapter or verse got to do with now, it was under the old Testament law, and the beginning the chapter Has going to the House of God, and if we are gonna talk about a Vow Or Oath or Dedication , Did not.Mr. Annotated Jackson dude sit his A$$ over there in Australia under oath or vow to tell the truth on the Bible and Was Lying Through his Shoes. Oh yes That Vow on the Bible was the truth.

Also Remember the Beginning of awake had this in the front pages under Why Awake. Is Published.

This magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 pass away

So Wait a secod according to jws own channel of communication says That that the creator promise but I guess the creator Himself got new light for himself, wow. Remember Dat Overlapping teaching in the Bible. This Sh$t is Comedy Gold.

Lets look at James 4:17

Berean Literal Bible

Do Not Boast of Tomorrow

13Come now, those saying, “Today or tomorrow we will go into this city, and will spend a year there, and will trade, and will make a profit,” 14who know not what is on the next day. What is your life? It is just a vapor, appearing for a little while, and then vanishing.

15Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord should will, both we will live and we will do this or that.” 16But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.17Therefore to the one knowing to do good, and not doing, it is sin.

Again Jack Crap about Baptism but wait all such boasting is evil, which Organization has the balls to make Videos what gonna happen in the future cough cough this last year.Annual Meeting, all those videos showing all this future sh$t is about the JWs and don't get be started.on those F@#£ing Bunker videos. And Remember The Annual Meeting This is It. This is It my A$$.

And Colossians 1:10 already is a lie it says in Greek literal the Lord, and most commentaries and context would say this is for Jesus but for Sure 100 percent Jehovah is not in the text another lie.again nothing to with Baptism.

Berean Literal Bible

GALATIANS 6:7

7Do not be misled: God is not mocked. For whatever a man might sow, that also he will reap.

I love how the jws don't quote the whole verse. Don't be misled. Again the Pot calling the kettle back. Don't be misled. So wait a minute all the crap and law suits and exposure the Organization is getting in the Past 20 years, Well I.guess you reaping what you Sow. Remember God is not Mocked. Well Unless you are the Jws who can change there crap ever Year.

Peace and Much love.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Yes it's a common event among JWs, you dedicate yourself to God but later you realise that God is a fiction.

I reckon that cancels the dedication and means you can be yourself again.

• sir82
    sir82

JWs taking scriptures out of context and twisting them to fit their preferred doctrine?

Say it ain't so!

I am shocked! Shocked!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Don't worry, you didnt't.

It's very easy to undedicate yourself from a book publishing, fascist organisation though!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Fabian ,don`t take any notice of what the JW/WT/GB says they are false prophets that have never got any of there predictions right in over a 140 years .

So you can safely dismiss anything that comes out of there mouths .

Its typical of there indoctrination FOG ,Fear ,Obligation,Guilt ,to keep you captive within there religion.

So what if the JW`s DF you ?Is it the end of the world ?

What if the SDA DF me ? would i be worried ? No

What if the LDS/Mormons DF me saying I`m not worthy ,would I be worried ?

Of course not ,keep it all in perspective ,"Religion is a snare and a racket" .from the president of the JW`s

J.F.Rutherford.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A lot of people leave the JWS with still being devoted to god pursuing another path of Christianity.

To stay away from false prophets was a commandment from Jesus, so how can one be in appeasement with god sharing in the sin of false prophecy ?

Commercialized one at that.

• zeb
    zeb

I learned that when the jw quote a scripture read also the verses each side of the one they quote.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "I'm afraid I might get disfellowshipped..."

...So, maybe, don't get baptized?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Being an active member of the JWS is being unloyal to god and an apostate sinner as a false prophet/false teacher.

All the leaders of the WTS past and present were apostate sinners trying to lure other people to support them.

To be truthfully loyal to god and his son would be to shame these sinning men, at best to not listen to them according to Jesus's own instruction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit