True Bible Doctrines Part 3

by hooberus 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hooberus
    hooberus

The Omnipresence and Multi-personal Nature of YHWH

Note: The KJV uses LORD (all capitals) for the Hebrew YHWH

YHWH on earth rained brimstone and fire from YHWH in heaven

Genesis Chapter 19

24: Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;
    25: And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.

YHWH can be in both heaven and earth at the same time

Jeremiah Chapter 23

23: Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?
    24: Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

YHWH at times refers to God in the third person. YHWH says that he overthrew some as God (third person) overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

Amos Chapter 4

10: I have sent among you the pestilence after the manner of Egypt: your young men have I slain with the sword, and have taken away your horses; and I have made the stink of your camps to come up unto your nostrils: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.
    11: I have overthrown some of you, as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a firebrand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.

YHWH who dwells in the midst of Jerusalem was sent by YHWH

Zechariah Chapter 2

9: For, behold, I will shake mine hand upon them, and they shall be a spoil to their servants: and ye shall know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me.
    10: Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.
    11: And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Hoober,

I don't look at the Bible as a book of doctrine doctrine. I don't think God gave us this book for rules and creeds.

Instead I look to the Bible as a never ending study of the richly deversified wisom of God. One needs to know anceint history of the people, and thier culture at the time a certain portion was written, as well as the style of writting that was in common use back then to grasp it.

I think many who in their hurry to formulate doctrine, overlook these important facts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit