No carts in Australia?

by Festus 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
    blondie

This doesn't seem to have gone through this is on the www.jw.org.

As of March 2015, 165,390 carts have been supplied to congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses throughout the world. Thousands of stands, tables, and kiosks have also been acquired.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Carts are alive and kicking and in fact, Congs are awaiting shipments to

double or triple the carts currently in use..people are catching on to the

easiest way to count time. Sit on a bench sipping coffee. I saw 3 guys doin this

just yesterday.

jtg

(edit)ps Your friend must have been in lesser cart bombed areas.

• Calebs Airplane
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Cart witnessing is proving to be problematic in many locations for a bunch of reasons. The JWs in my local cities have set up at various times for a couple of weekends but then disappear for months. It may be a combination of many city entities demanding they disappear and the JWs getting tired of the drama. I'm sure it is similar in many locations globally.
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Good!!!

With all the recent horrible publicity, you would be a lunatic to stand next to a JW cart in Australia.

SL

• Simon
    Simon
    Pardon my ignorance but what is OZ?

It used to be a magical land, ruled by a kindly wizard with an amazing coast to coast road of yellow bricks.

Now people live in fear that Sauron and his legion of orcs from nearby New Zealand will invade.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

With all the recent horrible publicity, you would be a lunatic to stand next to a JW cart in Australia.

Are you a parent who would like your children to benefit from one-on-one teaching from the Bible?

Well, ...

• wozza
    wozza

I can confirm they are used in Australia ,I saw one that regularly haunts the Willunga markets in South Australia a couple of weeks ago with it's coffee drinking phone texting operators nearby.

The first one I saw here in Australia was about 5 years ago when I was visiting my daughter at Caloundra in the state of Queensland. There was a regular market in the main street and some JW's had a trolley next to a park bench and attended by 3 people ,I approached and asked about it and the elder spoke to me for about 25 minutes even after I pointed out who I was, and told him of the errors in his literature and organisation.

So they have been here for a while.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I'm seeing them less frequently as well, I usually pop into town most days and have noticed
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    The term "OZ" comes from a movie released in 1939, then shown on TV in the U.S. in 1956 ... "The Wizard of Oz"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit