No carts in Australia?

by Festus 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Festus
    Festus

A friend of mine visited Australia and to his surprise there were no JW Carts on streets.

Wonder if it was just a coincidence or is it due to media attention that ARC has created?

• blondie
    blondie
    Maybe the laws are different regarding carts on the sidewalks, etc., eh.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

That would be great if someone could get to the bottom of this.. If their not doing it because of the royal commission that would be telling to all.

• Simon
    Simon

It could just mean that it's ineffective for the social conditions.

I would imagine that if lots of crazy new-age religions have already done it and it's stigmatized by association that they would skip it.

In the same way few other religions bother going house-to-house ... the JWs and Mormons have pretty much ruined that as an approach for others.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Are there carts in Canada and England or any European country? If there are then maybe Australia has special conditions not conducive to carts. If there aren't any carts outside of the U.S. then maybe the Watchtower hasn't got around to it yet.
  • Festus
    Festus
    There are carts in Europe and there has been carts in Oz. Maybe my friend was just in wrong places...
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    There are carts in OZ, for sure.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Pardon my ignorance but what is OZ?
  • karter
    karter

OZstralia.

• blondie
    blondie

This statement is on the www.jw.org

As of March 2015, 165,390 carts have been supplied to congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses throughout the world. Thousands of stands, tables, and kiosks have also been acquired.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit