Can someone answer this???

by jurs 8 Replies latest jw friends

• jurs
    jurs

Hi Everyone!!
    I never really had a clear understanding of how JW's labeled someone apostate. Some time this week the elders will receive my letter disasociating myself. In the letter I accuse the organization as being a cult. I also mention their strange superstitions (demon smurfs, buying stuff at yard sales) and unscriptural rules no dresses ect. ect. I wrote that there was no offense to them personally because I believed they were brainwashed to. I also accused an elder in a different hall for being a hypocrite. I let them know I am reading forbidden material!!! This will probably come as a shock to them since my feelings have drastically changed in a short period of time. Also I have told my kids school teachers, work associates ect. that I have left what I believe to be a cult. I am sure this will all get back to the congregation. My question is-- I think that might make me be considered an apostate, Will it?? the second question is Can someone that is labeled apostate ever be reinstated in the congregation? I once heard that an apostate is someone that sins against the holy spirit and will not be forgiven. I'm not worried about it, just curious... JURS

• TR
    TR

Oh yes. They'll think you're an apostate, big time! I never heard of an 'apostate' i.e., someone who has figured out the WTS, getting reinstated or even wanting to. I'm sure if enough ass is kissed, one could go back, though. Perish the thought.

TR

"cults suck"

• LDH
    LDH

hahahaha, Jurs.

So you wrote THE LETTER. Good for ya.

Well, as far as the 'apostate' thing goes, the JWs have their own definition of 'apostate,' and you clearly fit the bill!

• think41self
    think41self

Good for you Jurs!

Welcome to the "free and clear apostate" class.

That took guts for you to write the letter AND tell everyone, but hey, I think that's a great idea. Now your kids can quickly go back to being "normal" kids.

I'm with TR about never having heard of an "apostate" wanting to go back, but I agree, if the right backsides are polished, it could be done. After all, their definition of what constitutes unforgivable sin is like everything else they teach. Subject to much personal interpretation!

Good luck, and welcome to the class

think41self

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Congradulations!!!!

Depending on how long you've been a JW and how many friends and family are in, it could take a little while to get over the initial shock.

However, you are now on the path to recovery!!!! Yea you!!!!

Congradulations!!!!!

My name is Slipnslideius Masterus: commander of the armies of the North, general of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius...

• BugEye
    BugEye

I wholeheartedly agree with think41self, you are now officially one of us
    you apostate you.

Actually, that is just their label, but according to the bible, that label applies
    to them for misleading people for over a century.

As to getting back in, it is much harder if you are labeled "apostate", but no
    man on earth can say who has sinned against the holy spirit according to WT
    literature, so there is actually no ruling against being let back in.

Its just that If they let you back in, they would be overly cautious in case you
    were trying to sneak back in to lead off their sheep like a wolf.

Dave

• Faraon
    Faraon

If I had to write my letter of resignation again, I would do something like that, but I would give a copy to the people in the congregation before I turned it to the Elders.
    I would also consult a lawyer.
    They make you write this letter so that you find it hard to sue them in the future.
    If they are going to make your life miserable (or at least try to), you should make them pay for it.
    As far as I know Catholics or other main line religions do not make you write such silly letters.

JRP

• outnfree
    outnfree

Jurs,

Congratulations!

When I wrote my DA letter I kept it very brief and vague. However, I also included a paragraph stating that I did NOT agree with the Watchtower Society's definition of apostate and that I would be taking legal action against the congregation should I find out they in any way slandered me.

I realize you already wrote yours, but thought it might be a good thing for others to include.

I think what the Borg labels "apostate" most others would label a "heretic."

outnfree

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

Interesting post…I do like Outnfree comment:

“…However, I also included a paragraph stating that I did NOT agree with the Watchtower Society's definition of apostate and that I would be taking legal action against the congregation should I find out they in any way slandered me.”

Agape, J.C. MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit