Something every JW should watch...

by SplaneThisToMe 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• SplaneThisToMe
    SplaneThisToMe

One Of Us on Netflix. This is a documentary on Hasidism. I wish one day a similar documentary will be made for Watchtower.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Agree. Very eye opening fascinating insight into another scary high-control religion. I really felt for those brave people who got themselves out at great personal cost. Also hard to believe that these groups operate in plain sight under the protections of religious freedom. Where does personal rights and freedoms fit into this picture?

• darkspilver
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I watched this, it was very interesting. It shows the cost of leaving a high control group, it takes a toll. A woman should not loose her children because she chooses a different religion, but that is what happens.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The other Jewish film doing the rounds is Menashe.

Based around the life of Menashe Lustig, a 38-year-old Hasidic Jew and native of the Hasidic enclave New Square in Brooklyn.

Sadly his wife died, and the rabbi has said that until he remarries, he would be an unfit parent for his son.

But Lustig refuses to remarry, and so his son lives with another Hasidic family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83UoZcdX__Y

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Superb thank-you following

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Following

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit