Questions To Ask JWs Who Are Shunning Their Relatives

by Teufel 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Teufel
    Teufel

Would you sacrifice your child to gain immortality?

They'd more than likely say "no".

Follow up with: But this is exactly what you're doing. You hope to live forever, and are willing to cut off your own children forever in order to gain that prize.

If they say they worship God because he's their creator or because they love Him:

Why would you worship a deity that promises to kill your child?

Isn't that what the Ba'el worshipers were accused of?

This deity doesn't sound like a god of love and peace at all. He sounds like one of chaos and destruction.

Why do you love this God?

They may say "because he made me".

To which you follow it up with:

But he also threatens to kill you unless you worship him. Is that something a loving parent does?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TEUFEL:

I would ask them:.. “Do you feel these relatives you are shunning should help you when you are in trouble OR when you reach old age?”

I don’t think these fool Witnesses think of the big picture. Good luck getting their friends in the religion to help them!

• Brian J
    Brian J

Q: Are you a Christian?

A: "Yes, of course"

Q: As a Christian are we admonished or otherwise authorized by Christ to have conditional love, outcome love, dangling carrot love, ect.

A: "blink, blink, glassy eyed stare, blink"

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/tvl2qhx.jpg

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

What would happen if your loved one never comes back and then you realize it was all a sham (when Armageddon doesn't come after so many years) and you realize you lost so many years to a lie?

And then I'd follow up with how I've been waiting for the end (that's just around the corner, right?) for over 40 years.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If there were anyone to be shunned it would the leaders of the Watchtower Corporation for its activity as false " Commercialized " prophets. $$$

These corrupt men took on the power of god unto themselves and did so in a vial apostate anti-Christian way.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

My mother's​ stand is that she needs to "protect her own spirituality" from negative influence and therefore will not associate with unspiritual people. So not just the DFd but also the weak and DAd.

She says that no matter about anything else - child abuse scandal, money grabbing - she wants to see her parents and my dad again and she will let nothing stand in her way. Apparently even TRUTH!

• jws
    jws

For Brian J. Well, Jesus might not talk about conditional love. But Paul certainly talks about it in 1 Corinthians, which is the basis for the JWs policy on shunning.

Which gets into the contradictions of the bible and should you believe any of it? If you're going to throw away Paul, you also have to throw away the grace doctrine so many Christians believe in.

Which is why I say don't use ancient books to guide your life. Which goes back to the sentiments of the OP. Why believe in this stuff and worship this god?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit