Evidence of editing

by Doug Mason 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doug Mason
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Doug, such evidence as this must convince an open minded believer that the Bible is certainly not the word of god !

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

This type of textual analysis can be done with any passage with results as enlightening. This sample is simply a sample test case with the advantage of multiple revisions being extant. Its a good introduction to the nature of this research. Sometimes painfully tedious and many times inconclusive but always enlightening regarding the mythos of inspired fixed scripture.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

I’ve seen it with Ezekiel chapter 26. History shows that the Babylonians were only able to conquer mainland Tyre so in many bibles they scripture has been changed to reflect this. I think it’s an attempt to hide the fact that the prophecy didn’t come true. Unfortunately it doesn’t work because a later verse says that the city would never be rebuilt. On the future bible editors will probably just take that scripture out.

They have taken out many books and chapters of he bible in the past so I wouldn’t be surprised.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

So, the Bible writers would have loved cut-and-paste.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit