What is the Baptism all about?

by Old Navy 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Does the act of Baptism make us a "member" of any group or organization? Or, is it something much greater in its purpose?

When we as former Jws came to the truthful conclusion that what the WTBorg Cult Inc. was teaching/preaching was not an accurate representation of The Word, many of us decided to look into every nook and cranny to see if we could discover the Real Truth. What the WTBorg Cult Inc. teaches isn't completely wrong in that their message does contain some "Truth;" but, sadly, their version of the "Good News" is quite gloomy and fearful and exclusive of the vast majority of humankind.

It has taken me a long time to finally find an explanation of the Baptism and what it means which demonstrates the full depth of our Creator's Love for us all.

When I read these analyses I am overcome with gratitude:

https://gods-kingdom-ministries.net/daily-weblogs/2017/09-2017/first-corinthians-15-baptizing-for-the-dead-part-1/

https://gods-kingdom-ministries.net/daily-weblogs/2017/09-2017/first-corinthians-15-baptizing-for-the-dead-part-2/

Knowing that ALL will be resurrected and saved is a great relief!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Interesting. And I agree; it's impossible that an organization can only teach false things. Teachings aside, I think that the worse is their intention, their lack of regard for the needs of the people who follow them.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

JWs by rote define baptism as 'symbolising dedication to Jehovah', but this has %0 scriptural basis. Not that it's wrong, per se, but the Bible DOES specifically describe baptism in other ways:

Washing away sins, in other words a clean conscience

Dying to sin, living to spirit

Being baptized into Christ's death, also to share the manner of his resurrection

• Chook
    Chook

It all about what church collects your donations.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Herewith an excellent refutation of the JW "dedication vow" dogma:

http://beroeans.net/2017/05/28/what-you-vow-pay/

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

See my first and second posts on this thread for some background on WT baptism. I find it telling that the WT never references Romans 6:1-7 when speaking of baptism. Never. For the WT, baptism is an initiation rite to "associate" with them. By being baptized you become someone who is granted permission to 'associate with God's spirit directed organization.'

• venus
    venus

With regard to its symbolic meaning it is very useful—dead to the old personality and emerging as alive to do God’s will. However, the Jews had this concept in-built into their very vocabulary. For example, the word for life is chayim in Hebrew. Chayim is written in the plural to imply truths such as:

1) Life cannot be lived alone. We come to life not on our own, but through our parents who came, in turn, through their parents which ultimately starts from God. In other words, one’s life has meaning only when he knows he is a child of God. Interestingly, Chayim is formed from the word Chai (alive) and im (if), suggesting that being alive is conditional on our union with God in the truth.

2) The plural also indicates each of us lives more than one life—inner and outer. It is not enough to have an upwardly mobile outer life filled with material possessions. It is not satisfying unless a person also has a richer inner life filled with meaning and purpose.

Hence for a Jew, there was no need of being taught through Baptism.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Room 215 and Bobcat:

Thank you for providing those links. Very, very helpful!

Further evidence that the WTBorg Cult Inc. does indeed "channel" The Adversary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit