Accepting Responsibility Is Something Many People Won’t Do

by minimus 7 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Poor Jussie. It’s really not his fault. Poor politicians, they were simply misquoted. Poor kids. They are not responsible for how they live their life.

Everyone has an excuse for not taking responsibility! It is the new normal.

• zeb
    zeb

and then there is:

Snowflake is a 2010s derogatory slang term for a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are over-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

(from Wikipedia)

• minimus
    minimus

Yes ! Good one! It’s the poor me generation.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Seems like everyone has to be a victim of some sort. Others make a career at exploiting the drama in their life. I was thinking of the Kardashians as an example who tweet about their mates cheating on them or about the terrible rash on their forearm, as if they're the only ones having eczema...then 10,000 followers tweet back that they feel their pain or how they support and love them. And it isn't just them. In my country billions of dollars are spent to repair "injustices" to people who's ancestors were mistreated at a time when authorities didn't know any better. Where does it stop? Based on today's standards I would have the perfect excuse to be a serial killer since my parents spanked me when I was a child...

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Yep your OP is bang on, Minimus.

With rights comes responsibility.

People bang on about rights all the time without hardly ever mentioning responsibility.

• minimus
    minimus

Everyone is a victim. There is an excuse for everything! And yes people are always seemingly offended over this or that. We have the biggest crybabies I’ve ever seen. It’s normal for people to rail about politics. If you have a different view, you are ridiculed or kicked out of a restaurant. You can’t even go to a ballgame or watch a tv show without someone going bonkers about Trump and whatever he has. There is a hatred of police and authority. There is contempt for simple law and order.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I took stock of my life and decided that I must try to be offended and butt-hurt because I don't have anything that I must be offended and butt-hurt about, and that offended me.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Oh for Christ sake who's whining now? Talk about a victim mentality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit