Independent Radio

by amicus 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• amicus
    amicus

There is an independent radio station in my area that broadcasts from one of the nearby foothill communities. I'm am especially fond of it because of it's varied programming. They were really only a roll last Saturday as I came home in the morning from my weekly trip to the Farmers Market to "We got a Cowboy in the White house". That proved to be a little much for me so I paid a short visit to some neighbors and returned to (ahem..) "I want a big old pecker like the guys in the magazines". I was about to shut the radio off when this gem followed "Joanie the Jehovah Witness Stripper" (Paul Thorn).

"Joanie, the Jehovah Witness Stripper.

She'll do most anything if you just tip her,

Put a dollar in her g-string and watch her do her thing.

Joanie, the Jehovah Witness stripper."

Ah yes, only on KVMR. Voice of the community, music of the World. Live from Nevada City, Ca. (web accessible).

• DJ
    DJ

LOL Ever heard of a cd player?? Nice to see you hear again, bobby. love, dj

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Hey wild man.

Paul Thorne is a songwriter with a sense of humor, even if a bit obsessed with strippers, lol. Check this out: Listen: MUSIC

WORDS:

Down at Donny’s strip club

They all know my name

I can’t get a woman

so I sit beside the stage

I think heather really likes me

as she wiggles in my face

takes my 40 dollars

turns and walks away

Aint love strange?

They honeymooned a week or two

until the thrill was gone

now down the street those newlyweds

been fightin’ all night long

In a hail of flyin’ dishes

the police finally came

they hauled them off in separate cars

With cuffs but not with chains

Aint love strange??

Two gay nympho Quakers on the Jerry Springer show

came struttin’ out in lingerie to let their family know

their daddy lost his temper when they walked out on the stage

li’l momma said I love my sons no matter how they changed

Aint love strange???

Two roosters in the barnyard

n’ just one little hen

they jocky for position by cock-a-doodle-lin

they’ll flap their wings and strut around

sometimes they’ll fight all day

those fresh eggs aint the only thing that’s needin” to get laid

Aint love strange????

god and momma will love you unconditionally, your woman will love you if your faithful, your dog will love you if throw him a bone, the devil will love you if you sin, your children will love you if buy them some candy, and I will love you if you put on that blue and white polka dot miniskirt with black stilleto heels and just let me sit back and watch you doin’ a twirling dance to this little groove I got goin.. 1…. 2 …

• amicus
    amicus

Hiya DJ,

I have over 300 cd's but you see...I've heard them all before. Now that I have dsl again I'll probably start filling this hd with mp3's.

Six,

I should have guessed I couldn't hit you with an artist you hadn't heard of.

Sorry that Baja kayak trip fell through. My buddy thought he had better do some short trial trips to map out the route. Then his knees starting acting up. 40 plus years of being a triathlete finally caught up to him, of course the time he was hit by a truck while running and launched for 80 feet prolly didn't help either.

I've been checking out another kayak outing though. The Channel islands by Santa Barbara look pretty cool, tent camping is available and they seem to get few visitors. Check out the National Parks web site (hmm, don't have the link but any browser will get ya there.)

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Have you ever heard of a band called the: Jehovah's Waitresses?

I believe their originally from Ohio.

Interesting stuff. YES, I have heard it. It was an independent band, I think, from the Toledo area.

Can't be sure.

But that was pretty funny Amicus.

• amicus
    amicus
    Have you ever heard of a band called the: Jehovah's Waitresses?

Not until now, great name though. It would have been fun to have been a "fly on the wall" when they decided on that name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit