Anyone in NYC available as a marriage witness?

by thebrokenkite 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• thebrokenkite
    thebrokenkite

Greetings! I've recently openly joined this community and already have a huge favor to ask: if you are in the NYC area, would you be willing to be my marriage witness this Wednesday morning? All of my family and friends are either active Dubs or abroad, while my "worldly" fiancée is a FL transplant and still new to the city. We're happy to provide modest compensation. An interest in photography would be a plus, and I'd supply all the pro gear for just a handful of shots to remember the day. If not, we'll take anyone. Seriously. We're even considering asking anyone in line behind us at City Hall. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions! We're desperate at this point! ;)

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I am in NYC but unfortunately have a lot of professional responsibilities and can't just go. I'm sure that if you can find the right person in the line behind you anywhere, that will be in NYC.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Sorry not in NYC however that story about the wicked world is false. People are helpful and love to help. You might even make a new friend for life. So ask around in Starbucks and if worst comes to worst make sure to get there early and make your predicament known.

Best of Luck and congratulations!

• steve2
    steve2

Well, I was a Jehovah's witness for longer than I care to remember, so I guess being a Marriage Witness should be do-able. Do I get to record my hours of service? I'd expect at least microphone duty as a starter.

• thebrokenkite
    thebrokenkite

Thanks for the responses, everyone. :)

steve2, we might have someone, but will confirm later today. If your offer still stands, we would not insult you with mic duty. You'll have a comfortable seat as the Sound Attendant, lording over subservient mic handlers, stage attendants, and the like. You can report double time, since you'd be a witness for both of us. I'll let you know as soon as I know about the other potential witness, but it would be at the Queens Borough Hall around 8:30 AM (before the crowds) and can pick you up but would have to drop you off at a train station for the return trip, since I work near the Borough Hall. Thanks so much!

• steve2
    steve2

Hey thanks thebrokenkite. My ego appreciates the special attention to detail. If I were a cat, I'd be purring. I'll be waiting at Auckland International Airport, New Zealand.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

How was the wedding? Are you in the NYC area? We are in midtown.

• thebrokenkite
    thebrokenkite

@NewYork44M Sorry for the late reply. The wedding went smoothly. We asked a stranger to be our witness, and she was awesome. We're in Queens but come into the city often for shoots or tours. We should link up sometime. It'd be cool to be a fellow ex-JW. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit