First Day of Summer: June 21, 2003 (Northern Hemisphere)

by RAYZORBLADE 2 Replies latest social current

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

.....finally, tomorrow, Saturday, June 21, 2003 - will be the first day of summer in the northern hemisphere.

Anyone have any plans?

I don't follow any pagan rituals etc., but I am always happy when summer finally arrives.

1 year ago, on the first day of summer, my brother got married. It was the first time in 22 years that all of us were together at the same time. My grandmother made the journey, and I had opportunities to mend some sibling relationships that had been damaged.

22 years of misunderstandings and strife, came to an end last year.

Driving with my brother back from my married brother's rural out-in-the-woods celebrations, we drove back towards the city, watching an amazing sunset talking about things we never discussed. It was wonderful. Beautiful new highways, lush surroundings, great music on the radio. I couldn't ask for anything better.

Summer solstice will always hold a special place in my heart as a mature adult.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Nice memories you have there Rayzor

On this side of the world, it's our winter soltice, which means that from today onwards the days will be getting longer - YAYE!!!!!!! *does a happy dance*

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Rayzorblade!

I went to a Summer Solstice Party!!! There were about 25 people and we had a blast!!! It was potluck and we all set our intentions on what we see ourselves accomplishing. My intention is to even now experience yet even more joy with my ballroom dancing!!!!!

Love ya!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit