Don't fall through the "cracks"

by mrsObfuscate 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thank you for an informative Post, Mrs Obfuscate.

I am sure that many of us when we first had our eyes opened made the mistake of talking endlessly about the false doctrines and other problems with the Org to our JW loved ones until they would shut off within seconds of us starting a diatribe,

Mr Obfus. obviously had the wisdom to take a more slowly slowly and oblique approach which worked. I think what helped was that you were not completely in thrall to the JW Org and so were somewhat ready.

It was similar for my wife,she was ready to cease attending, but it took an unusual piece of information coming her way by accident to start her awareness of the total extent of the problems of the Org.

Thank you once again.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great post!

Another aspect of interest that your husband demonstrated was simply helping you to see the real world outside of the witness bubble...yes, a world with many and varied nuances and activities that a witness is shielded from.

This helps to broaden ones outlook on all matters, and realise that the narrow perspective of witnesses is crippling and unrealistic.

• stillin
    stillin

Leonard Cohen said something once like, "we're all a little cracked. That's where the light gets in."

cults do their best to seal up the cracks and create their own artificial lighting.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Cults do very well to keep their members thinking very ''narrow''. They are forbidden to think outside of the ''box'' if it were. Information control. Totally forbidden from having a different version of the Bible.

Cannot have a different version of the Bible and information control!!! What's that telling you??? It just screams ''you cannot think or read anything, but what we say''!!!!

That's how cults create artificial thinking. That is mind control, man made rules.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit