No 'Tight Pants' policy is now official - classed as 'disturbing'

by wizzstick 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Virgochik
    Virgochik
    Truer words were never spoken! They'd give Jesus the "stink eye" if he walked into a Kingdumb Hell.
  • Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

It doesn't matter was Jesus thinks... Tony the Turd is in charge now...

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

smoking gun.

Yes, Simon, they are only as crazy as all the other fundamental religions in their puritanical views of dress.

Is it an issue that the general population feels any outrage over? I would suggest they have a sympathetic opinion with many as it being "a good and decent thing".

The concept of a smoking gun is not my thing; all I have been trying to say is that this is a policy that does violate civil rights.

And yes, I think that here in the US discrimination and targeting people over perceived effeminate mannerisms would outrage the public.

But I don't care what the public thinks; I am a fading witness, I am a refugee from the truth, the promised land, where Jah himself was the guide for all behavior.

To see persecution of those perceived to be different, whether gay or not, outrages me, and it should outrage any witness who believes in fair play.

We are after all talking only about mannerisms, traits; I don't expect witnesses to approve gay lifestyle.

This distinction seems to be escaping you, Simon.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

How the hell with individual elders interpret girly mannerisms and butch hairstyles?

The other thing is, most elders I have known would not have the guts required to take this issue up with anyone, so what will they do just have vague local needs parts not specifically mentioning anyone?

How the hell do you enforce rules on stuff like body language and a person's speaking voice for god sake?

Will the elders start having deep-voice lessons for all gay-sounding brothers?

Just think about it, people.

I'd call it impossible to enforce such dumb-ass rules.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"..nothing unusual for that type of religious group." - Simon

LOL!!! Well, that is the whole point!! Does that make it right? No. Does that make someone a "nutter" or make other instances of criticism less legitimate? No.

The WTBTS tells their followers to STFU about brother Pedo going door to door, yet they are laying the ground rules for barring gay dressing people from the same ministry. Who can deny that hypocrisy!!

This is the type of cultish behavior that institutions like the Royal Commission take into consideration. Thank goodness that they do! These "insignificant" actions add up to a mountain of corruption and abuses.

This latest BS deserves the same exposure as all the other BS.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

As Sparrow has said, how can it be enforced? Only the biggest douche of an Elder would do this. That doesn't mean it can't happen.

Remember the "suicide/cookie" video?? Yeah, they are that stupid.

DD

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I see it as the WT trying passive -aggressively to create a hostile environment for anyone they don't like.

Message to all the sisters with "masculine hairstyles": if an elder approaches you about your hairstyle feel free to get him in a headlock and punch him in the junk.

• Greener
    Greener

The prohibition of going out in the ministry would only apply if you allowed it to. Do most on here live in free democratic societies?? I would throw this all back in their faces and turn in my hours regardless. What would the elders do...throw out your time slips? And if so, who cares??

If you wanted to go out in the service on your own with your metrosexual attire, and not with the "group", how could they stop you?? Post an elder outside your door 24-7???

Its nonsense on so many levels.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Greener,

That's what these people should do! Continue in their "personal ministry" dressed like a Matt Bomer stunt-double! That would be great! It would effectively negate the efforts of the WTBTS to put the screws to Metrosexuals. ( Pun intended.)

DD

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

In the above photograph of Morris, I wonder what is on his chin??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit