No 'Tight Pants' policy is now official - classed as 'disturbing'

by wizzstick 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Their thirty something very handsome likeable son still lives at home and has never had the slightest interest in girls.

So funny how we always asume

Gay man = handsome & well dressed

I posted a similar assumption too!

Come on all you gay slobs, Tony doesn't mind you guys in the least!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The only change is they want to extend this to now include people who only look or act gay

Point.

And if you've every known anyone like this, you know they cannot change their behavior, mannerisms or speech. It's simply not possible. It's part of who they are.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Calebs Airplane

It doesn't matter was Jesus thinks... Tony the Turd is in charge now...

Actually there's nothing wrong with the guy on the left if he just got rid of the ill fitting horrible baggy suit!

• Simon
    Simon
    This is the type of cultish behavior ...

But that is the problem, IT ISN"T !!

This is perfectly normal for mainstream conservative christian churches.

Trying to claim this is proof of them being a cult is a claim too far IMO. It just doesn't fly. if being successful in your argument requires classification of so many religions as cults then it probably won't be successful and may indicate your criteria are wrong.

Maybe it's that I'm arguing from the perspective of realism and pragmatism and you seem to be from an absolute 'right'.

I think all religions are cults and should be banned. But it's not going to happen any time soon and it's pointless to campaign for it - no one will listen.

Better to campaign for the low hanging fruit - the things they do wrong that can actually be proven

• cappytan
    cappytan
    But that is the problem, IT ISN"T !!

Actually it is. Look at point number 4 under Behavior Control in Hassan's BITE model.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Cappytan: Look at Point number 4 under Behavior Control in Hassan's BITE model:

Great point, but let's take a bigger "bite," shall we?

Behavior Control:

4. Control types of clothing and hairstyles

Let's not forget:

13. Discourage individualism, encourage group-think
    14. Impose rigid rules and regulations

-

Also add Information Control:

4. Encourage spying on other members
    a. Impose a buddy system to monitor and control member
    b. Report deviant thoughts, feelings and actions to leadership
    c. Ensure that individual behavior is monitored by group

-

And Thought Control:

2. Change person’s … identity

-

And finally, Emotional Control:

4. Promote feelings of guilt or unworthiness

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

https://youtu.be/KonChsnUO6Y

Blondie I realise that your "All in the family" is our "Till death us do part", the old biggot is Alf Garnett - have a watch, he's a complete genious. The son-in-law is the real life father-in-law of our old Prime minister Tony Blair

• Simon
    Simon
    Actually it is. Look at point number 4 under Behavior Control in Hassan's BITE model.

I think you are taking it a bit too literally. It's not intended as a checklist in that manner. They are signs, not pokemon.

Just because a group "does a thing" and "that thing is on the list" doesn't mean that thing is in and of itself sufficient to classify them as a cult.

When we make claims like "Jehovahs Witnesses are a cult because they have a dress policy" then it just looks rather flimsy.

Who would pick up this "rubber sword" going into battle? There are lots of things to pin on the WTS but conservative clothing? Pffft.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

No way a mainline Christian would care that a man dressed in a "metrosexual" way or a woman had a short haircut.

My husband's family go to church in shorts and tshirts. Even his grandmother wore those polyester doubleknit baggy shorts and a pullover knit shirt to church before she died.

Mainline churches don't care what people wear.

Evangelical churches might be a little different.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Mainline churches don't care what people wear.

That's because cults say what to wear, how to walk, what to eat, who to hang-out with, what you watch, what you do with your time not to celebrate harmless holidays, and pretty much everything in a normal person's life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit