No 'Tight Pants' policy is now official - classed as 'disturbing'

by wizzstick 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great point that alcoyne makes....even those on restrictions were never stopped from going out in service. (They may have had to go with only designated elders though).

so this is a strange new one!

The question is, WHO gets to decide what is "proper or improper" dress and grooming? It is subjective depending on the area someone lives in!

Hicksville country Congs would have very different standards to a city congregation....

• cappytan
    cappytan
    I can vouch for what Morpheus says. We had a guy in one of my congregations that grew a long ZZ top style beard. He was baptized. They removed his service "privileges." No announcement of course, but my Dad told me. (Dad was the PO.)
  • hoser
    hoser
    What about the married sisters that prefer short hair? Will they be flagged ?
  • dugout
    dugout
    Im going to start wearing some tight pants LOL Then say oh I put on some pounds.
  • pbrow
    pbrow

hey freddo.... Oh there is pleasing him..... oh yes indeed. That is for a private sheparding call.... at a hotel on the outskirts of town

pbrow

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Hmmmm. Well this could lead to a bigger picture.

Barred from service = no time put in = being chastised further = pressure to either get out or conform.

I highly doubt the end game is simply to stop them being out in the field, there must be an ulterior motive. Isn't there always one?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Brother Morri's raging homophobia is bound to bring another round of bad publicity to the org.

• minimus
    minimus
    Bethel has always been hung up over perceived masculinity. They would counsel effeminate men and teach them how to act and sound more manly.
  • tiki
    tiki
    This is just too much....you have no control over your genetic makeup. They are shooting themselves in the foot with this one. It never ceases to amaze me home crazy this cult is becoming. Next they'll all have to move to upstate N.Y. and sit on rocks awaiting their heavenly usher into their new world. Mild form of Haley bopp going on here....
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    tiki
    This is just too much....you have no control over your genetic makeup.

Exactly! As Data Dog said in a thread before, some people have a hard time finding quality, designer brand clothes that fit comfortably, simply because the fashion industry does not take into account the various combinations of somatotypes, designing clothing instead with their "ideal" shape in mind - and we all know how many of us look like that.
    I constantly have to have my clothes tailored for me which can be very expensive. Even Calvin Kline's realxed fit is the closest I can get to pants and shirts that will fit me but still needs a small amount of tailoring. Their "ideal" unfortunately for me, do not have 32 inch waists and 26 inch thighs. I wish I could show a designer how having an 18 1/2" neck does not mean I'm a tub of lard that has to wear xxxl shirts which I drown in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit