Predictions for New Harry Potter Book.

by searchfothetruth 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

All you Adults out there that are waiting as eagerly as your kids for the new Harry Potter book, make your predictions now.

Like everyone else I know, I started reading the first book to my kids and couldn't put it down. Great books that I wish had been written when I was a kid.

But the books are written with a lot of parallels to other famous stories, like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars.

J K Rowling was interviewed last night on BBC and discussed some of the things in the book, but the main thing was, is that she has killed off one of the main characters. Who will it be?

My guess is...Albus Dumbledore ( Obi Wan Kenobi ) Harry's mentor.

What do you think?

• Angharad
    Angharad

I cant remember their names but I was thinking it would one of his friends, either the girl or the boy with the red hair.

I've not read the books yet only seen the two films, but after hearing from everyone that has read them how good they are I think I'll read them when I get time

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Angharad.

I don't think even the author would get away with killing off one of the three main characters, but you never know.

What you'll have to do is buy the books on the pretense of reading them to the kids and then when you've read them a chapter and they're fast asleep, carry on reading until Simon comes looking to see where you are.

• obiwan
    obiwan

Well start your engines, I've been talking to some big fans of harry pothead and found out that at the borders book store you can pick up a copy at midnight tonight 6/20/03 and they are already making plans to stand in line at midnight....loonies!

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Obiwan,

So are you taking your tent and camping out so you don't miss out then?

Go on...you can tell me.

• Shakita
    Shakita

I, too, became a fan of Harry Potter from reading the books to my daughter. My daughter and I were talking about this last night before reading the fourth book for the second time before bed.

There are 3 main characters that I can see being killed off without affecting the integrity of future books:

Albus Dumbledore

Hagrid

Neville Longbottom

I thought maybe Draco Malfoy, but his character is too important for future plots. Then, I thought maybe someone from the Weasley family.....I hope not, that would be too sad.

If I had to pick one, I would choose Dumbledore. His character can be killed off and he still can come back as a ghost at Hogwarts, giving Harry advice.

Mrs. Shakita

• dottie
    dottie

I was reading an article about how Rowling was crying after she had written when the character had been killed...I immediately thought of Hagrid cos he's so damn loveable...I'd hate to see Hagrid or any of the characters go but the storyline and time must continue...Parson me while I get ready to go line up to buy the new book *LOL*

• Swan
    Swan

So who was it who was killed off? Does anyone know yet? We still have a long time to go in this time zone, but it must be tomorrow for some of you already.

Really curious.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit