Canada Congregation / Kingdom Hall post - and link to a prophet

by berrygerry 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Posted on another forum:

C/O spoke about the Israelites compliance when travelling in the wilderness. Each time the pillar of fire/smoke moved, the Israelites had to pack up and move. He then mentions 20 congregations in Vancouver were dissolved and bro/sis being redistributed as boundaries change with new congregational set ups. He tells us that it’s onky reasonable for us to expect the same changes here. (We are in a major city, in another province.) My heart pounded when he said he didn’t have any ‘insider info’. He doesn’t know the reason for these changes. And this is when my blood boiled: He tells us that even though we don’t know why, and even if we are asked to do things that don’t make sense to us, we must comply!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    He then mentions 20 congregations in Vancouver were dissolved and bro/sis being redistributed as boundaries change with new congregational set ups

Huh. It's getting a little tough for survivors to track down documents and elders who have been shuffled around. Difficult to investigate congregations that don't even exist anymore.

• steve2
    steve2

Well, we know one thing for certain that this CO appears to not know: A growing membership results in more congregations and not a lot of sideways shuffling or merging of congregations. Back in the day, it was unknown for kingdom halls to have low attendances.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Funny how recently you keep hearing about congregations dissolving due to low attendance, but the WTS leading propagandists (GB) say there will be more need for congregations and Kingdom Halls to be built due to expansion.

Then again the WTS leaders have always been known to bullshit through the corners of their mouths to support the organization.

Jehovah's earthly organization is full of lies, corruption and bullshit operating as a publishing house .................how nice.

Sounds like more and more people are waking up to his disingenuous fraud

I live in Vancouver so this closure announcement sounds legit.

Praise Jah

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Forgot to add this link from 14 years ago - Watch Tower followed these suggestions to a T -

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/89569/apprentice-watchtower-version

• asp59
    asp59

Yeah They done that for years now comparing israelits complaining in the desert to members complaining abouth the organisation decisions. They should have shown Christian humility years ago and listen to complains. They would have been probably in a hole other situation now.

• hoser
    hoser

Follow the money, not the pillar of fire. Watchtower is liquidating some of their real estate holdings while the market is still hot on the lower mainland.

• Della Street
    Della Street
    It's getting a little tough for survivors to track down documents and elders who have been shuffled around. Difficult to investigate congregations that don't even exist anymore.

I think this is an important point, and not something I'd really considered. They could consolidate congregations and sell off KH without doing as much shuffling around. It would seem it serves several purposes: make the KH look more full, sell off KH not needed, dissolve and/or rename congregations so they can destroy records, shuffle around elders so they cannot be tracked down....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit