Two Jehovah's Witnesses congregations abolished by courts - Russia

by OrphanCrow 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    memphis: It is non-Orthodox religions which are targeted by the Extremist laws for teaching 'superiority of belief'

A court case in Moscow in 2000 did not examine "teaching 'superiority of belief'" as an issue when determining whether or not to prohibit the Jehovah's Witnesses.

В.П.Белянин VP Belyanin
    Комплексное экспертное заключение Comprehensive Opinion
    по гражданскому делу 2-452/99 in a civil case 2-452/99
    (Головинский межмуниципальный суд САО г. Москвы) (Golovinski District Court of the SAO, Moscow)
    г. Москва, 4 октября 2000 г. Moscow, October 4, 2000
    . We, the undersigned, VP Belyanin, MM Gromyko, DA Leontiev, SA Nebolsin designated definition Golovinsky Intermunicipal Court on March 12, 1999 for a comprehensive examination of the case 2-452/99 (presentation Attorney of the Northern Administrative District of Moscow on the elimination and prohibition of a religious community of Jehovah's Witnesses), being aware of the court of criminal liability under Article 307 of the Criminal Code, were of this opinion, set out below on 16 sheets.
    I: In formulating conclusions, the following expert steps:
    1) study the case materials 2-452/99;
    2linguistic, psycholinguistic, literary analysis presented to the examination of texts of a religious community of Jehovah's Witnesses;
    3) The religious analysis presented to the examination of texts of the community of Jehovah's Witnesses, the findings of which form the basis of the proposed conclusions (Section II), as well as additional considerations (Section III) account for the complex multidimensional nature of the investigated object. II Submissions by experts 2-452/99 case suggests that the questions formulated by the court
    1. Does the literature and documents of the Jehovah's Witnesses signs
    a) inciting religious hatred (the undermining of respect and hostility towards other religions)
    b) the compulsion to destroy the family,
    c) outrages upon individual rights and freedoms of citizens,
    2. Are subject to study the texts of literature and documents outlining the Jehovah's Witnesses, which is commonly used in worship place issues entrusted to experts the complex textual analysis in the context of:
    a) the existing regulations of the Russian Federation on the freedom of conscience, worship and religious associations
    b) the modalities of the leading (and designated in the Law of the Russian Federation) faiths of Russia
    c) the specific practices of the religious community of Jehovah's Witnesses, introducing her to the relations with other religions, social institutions and the general population as a whole.
    В In addition to the issues raised by the court experts on the basis of Article 77 of the RF CCP saw fit to include in the discussion of an additional question:
    3. Soderzhitsya whether the test material encouraging citizens to refuse to fulfill their civic duties prescribed by law.

The Russian experts' findings and opinions can be found on this past thread.

• Mephis
    Mephis

That's from 2000 OC. It's a different law. "criminal liability under Article 307 of the Criminal Code"

The law for the case in your OP is the one discussed in the link I provided. From the link you gave in the OP.

"In the trial the prosecutor's office presented to the court evidence containing information about violations committed by the organizations connected with the distribution of materials of extremist contents (promoting the superiority or inferiority of a person on the basis of religious affiliation or attitude toward religion) and other violations for which the federal law "On combating extremist activity" provides accountability."

Definitely out now, and much respect to you as ever in spite of differences of view on this.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Thank you, Memphis. Your comments are valuable and probably more accurate than mine are.

I supplied the 'old' court case to give context to how the decision to ban the Jehovists was handled to begin with - before the current court case was dealt with.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    marked
  • AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Cult News 101 is now carrying the story:

http://www.cultnews101.com/2016/02/provincial-court-bans-activity-of.html?m=0

PROVINCIAL COURT BANS ACTIVITY OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ORGANIZATION OF CITY OF BELGOROD

Evgeny Grebnik
    Komsomolskaia Pravda (Belgorod)
    February 11, 2016

On Thursday, 11 February, the provincial court issued a decision finding the local religious organization of Jehovah's Witnesses of the city of Belgorod extremist and not in compliance with the requirements of the federal law "On freedom of conscience and religious associations." By the court's decision, it must be liquidated and removed from the Uniform State Register of Legal Entities. The prosecutor of Belgorod province filed a lawsuit in court in defense of the interests of the Russian federation.

We recall that a day before this, a similar decision was issued with respect to the local religious organization of Jehovah's Witnesses of the city of Stary Oskol. The decisions for the cessation of activity of said organizations are to take effect immediately. Within one month they may be appealed in the judicial college for administrative affairs of the Supreme Court of the Russian federation.

DECISION TO LIQUIDATE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ORGANIZATIONS REGISTERED IN BELGOROD AND STARY OSKOL MADE ON BASIS OF LAWSUITS OF BELGOROD PROVINCIAL PROSECUTOR

• cha ching
    cha ching

I like that!

"extremist and not in compliance with the requirements of the federal law "On freedom of conscience and religious associations"

Finally, it takes a Russian government to stand up to JW's and call an extremist an extremist!

The WT has taken away people's freedom of conscience, their families, their lives.... for way too long. Thank you Russia!

• coalize
    coalize
    As much, I'm happy when a cong close by itself, as much I hate when States, especially stupid fascist states like Russia, close them, to give a victimization card at the WT
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I think the blood doctrine is absolutely reprehensible. And I think where a child's safety is concerned the State has every right to step in.

But what Russia is doing here is a blatant violation of religious freedom. If it's true that the JWs promised to move the woman to a different facility after promising to do so - then I think the husband may have a good grounds for a lawsuit. But shutting down an entire church trespasses on everyone's rights.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit