Great video! Essential oil cults and the similarity to religious groups

by stuckinarut2 5 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsDrIAsVgTQ

This is a great video- well worth watching.

It shows how a multi-level marketing group that peddles psydo-science can be compared to a religious group.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

Very informative, did u ever notice ALOT of Jws sell MLMs?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Yes, they love them some MLMs. I just listened to a podcast called Household Name about Amway (also was kind of a preview of another podcast all about MLMs) and it was all just about as culty. Basically humans have a need and fill it with hopes and dreams and emotion instead of solid reality. I haven't had a chance to watch the video above yet.

• zeb
    zeb

I have noticed that jw are likely to be caught up in these schemes as they

• have little education so their broader understanding isnt there.
    • are in poor paying jobs so they need the few extra $$ these schemes would provide
    • the culture of the above video is so familiar that jw dont see into it as anything suspicious or unreasonable.
    • jw are starved of personal praise. and these schemes promise status; business cards with your name on and "company Director". and still they dont see anything amiss here.
    • One guy tried to get us into this and its "all Australian.." it never was. He later dropped it.

the old proverb applys; "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is."

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Just watched the video and let's review.... it's a cult!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Ha, as a JW, we did enter a MLM scheme, not thinking it was a scheme, but one of the things which helped me wake up, was seeing the similarities between them!

.... giant sales meetings with same motivational talks, emotional manipulation, comparisons in presentations, sales figures and promotional products (magazine placements, bible studies).... so much is the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit