your real life....

by nowisee 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nowisee
    nowisee

there was an interesting quote from oscar wilde which appeared in liz smith's column in today's newspaper:

"one's real life is so often the life that one does not lead."

have you led/are you leading your real life? if not what has prevented/what prevents you? who would you be and how would your life be different?

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

HI NOWISEE!!! I'm so glad I got to meet you in person--I hoped you enjoyed your visit. This is a great question, so here goes:

Yes, I am living my real life. It's been scary at times, because I not only left the religion but my husband too. I met boyfriend way sooner than I thought I'd meet someone, moved in with him in Iowa, then we moved together to Rhode Island. I had to make a LOT of changes very quickly, but am adapting (sometimes slowly).

Yet, there are things I'm doing to not live my real life--I'm still figuring out what I want to do with my job situation, although I'm getting closer on that one. I do not take care of my physical body very well yet, which is very strange since I always used to say that "if I wasn't a witness, I'd be in such great shape". Go figure!

I am still working on learning to give love freely, because for some reason I've had this idea that love can somehow run out--that there's a bottom somewhere. But the more people I meet, the easier it comes. I may not always agree with someone, but I can still love them anyway.

So how about you--are you living your real life?

Love,

Becky

• nowisee
    nowisee

hi becky, --

great to hear from you and it was great meeting you and the others. from all appearances, you are well on your way to living your real life.

as for me, i think many things would have been different for me if i had not been a jw, and if i had not had various obstacles placed in my way, by family/religion/first marriage/low self-esteem/circumstance. i do think i would be doing something different career-wise, something in the art field, perhaps illustration, perhaps fine art. as it is i do eke out a living as a sort of artist, but i think i would have been far more advanced much sooner.

fear of the big A also held me back for most of my life. i think now i am finally beyond that, doing the things i really want to do, making more and more progress every day. it is about time!! (once was a time i never would have traveled 2 l/2 hrs. alone to meet strangers!)

best wishes to all, nowisee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit