In search of WWWW (What's Wrong with Watchtower)

by Fernando 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fernando
    Fernando

In more than 40 years of doorknocking not a single person was ever able to sit down with me and kindly and patiently explain exactly "What's Wrong with Watchtower" in simple terms and baby-steps that I could grasp at the time.

Of course I have to admit it is not as easy as one might hope.

This morning one possible (not simple enough) summary came to mind:

The Bible promotes belief in Jesus and the liberating and transforming gospel message about him (in both the NT and OT).

The Watchtower instead promotes belief in a VISIBLE golden calf and pseudo-mediator between God and man in the form of:

• blind authoritarian clerics who have co-opted the word "elder" and turned it into a title (aka apostate "clericalism")
    • a blind hierarchy of authoritarian clerics (COBE, CO, DO, ZO and so on)
    • blind authoritarian super-clerics who deceitfully claim the existence of a supposed "Governing Body" in the first century congregation, whilst covering up the fact that such a body only existed at that time in the form of the apostate Sanhedrin (aka apostate "magisterium").
    • cosmetic and hypocritical lawkeeping as a means to earn a right and clean standing with God (aka apostate "legalism") in direct contradiction of the gospel and the 5 solas. A simple search of all that Paul had to say on (imputed) "righteousness" (aka justification/justify/justified) exposes their fraud (aka snare and racket)
    • an apostate religious organisation that tells its followers they are "publishers of the gospel" but specifically and deliberately keeps them ignorant of most all of what the Bible has to say about the gospel. (Just ask any JW to explain the gospel according to Moses, Paul, Isaiah, or Psalms from their heart...)

When you were doorknocking what do you think a householder could have said or done that may have planted a seed and eventually saved you and your loved ones from the supremacist, authoritarian and Pharisaic cult?

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Nothing...they were tools of the Devil!

• runForever
    runForever

Great subject.  They do indeed advertise themselves as a mediator or go-between.

Also another thing is cults are often putting themselves as mediator. The moonies did this as well.  This might help someone to see that this is a very common thing. Maybe you could show them the difference between what the bible says and what a group is saying about who or what is supposed to be the mediator. Admittedly I haven't done much research on the subject but there seems to be a direct connection between dispensing blood and being the mediator e.g. Moses sprinkled the blood of the sacrifice on the people . Also prayers going through who? There is probably more than this. If you really knew what you were talking about I think you could convince them by "Reasoning from the Scriptures" .

• Perry
    Perry

One nice Christian lady took the time to explain to me that Christians believe in a "paradise earth". I was dumbfounded and didn't know what to talk about since we both believed the same thing on this topic. 

I now know that both Christians and Jehovah's Witnesses refer to this future time period as Christ's Millennium Reign. The term "paradise earth" doesn't appear in scripture. 

It would be helpful if Christians could explain to JW's how they are personally saved through the blood of Christ and that this is necessary because there will be a personal judgment after a person dies according to Hebrews 9: 27... even in the NWT bible. 

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Cognetive bias cannot be so easily overcome with just one reasoning point. It's a cleanse of sorts, it must start with the individual allowing themselves to have doubt, until then there is no point, if the org says batman is real, and they all believe... you are stuck until they can reason #1, then you can begin to have a rational conversation. 

For me being inside all my life it was just the bible that I questioned and began to feel the WT explanations were phoned in and everyone was just bobbing their heads in agreement. So first I came to see the bible as a book of fiction... then it all fell apart... notice the cult manipulation practices that are a model used by many in undue control situations, and voila. 

I also began to realize my rational brain never fully accepted many things. 

then I'd hear very spiritual people who were highly privileged and highly dotted after say reprehensible things, knocking on doors and wanting to see some nice person get their come come-upins at Armageddon just because they felt content with their religious ideas. 

There is no one or ten things you can point out until someone breaks the barrier of deciding to use their retinal brain, some evidence or specifics might get them thinking, but if they aren't really to be rational cognitive dissonance will quickly clean house. 

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There are two strongly engaging doctrines put out by the WTS. that had very much to do in cultivating support from the public.  One being that Jesus returned (1914) and is now looking upon earth to see who was worthy to be saved from destruction of the soon to come Armageddon and the WTS. proclaimed that they were the true channel to God through his holy spirit and because of that these men were able to direct people in the path of pure and true worship, so that they would be approved by god.

Part of that effort of appeasement came with the distributing the WTS publications, which was set up deceivingly to lure more people to be under the control of those men who were running and governing over the operation of the Watchtower Publishing house.  

The exploitation of people's fears, ignorance and insecurities was clearly taken advantage of by this religious publishing corporation.    

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What's wrong with the Watchtower (JW Org)  ?  Don't ask !!! The list is sooo long !

I agree with Perry, if you want a succinct intro. to an honest discussion, then a concise rendition of the real Good News in a sentence or so, followed by, " what would you add to that ?" is a good way to go.

The JW then is free to add all his/her waffle about an Organization, and about "works" etc, then you show them Paul's words in Galatians, about adding to the good News, and show them they have a direct command from God not to do so.

If they reject the simple Good News, or add to or dilute it,  what hope for them is there ?

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Perry, it's true! Most Christian religions do believe that eventually the tent of God will reside with humans on earth. It's something that they don't dwell on tho, because Heaven is the first step...and the bible doesn't give much detail about it. There is not much rash speculation in Christendom about this, but those of us who study our religions know this is a tenet of our beliefs. So for witnesses to constantly say, 'false Christianity' doesn't believe in everlasting life on earth, this is untrue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit