Clapping Jesus on the back

by ashitaka 7 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    I am deeply troubled by this thread but you have been a blessing and you have the victory here through Our Lord Jesus Christ!

The above quote is from another thread. (Apologies to DJ, not pickin' on you)

Not to bust any chops, but I just wanted to say that I find it humorous how people like to clap Jesus or God on the back as if to say, 'well, horay old chum! Now that's how you play footie!' whenever they win (or think they win) a debate about the meaner things of biblical theology.

Is it really that imporant? Assuming I belived in them, don't you think that Jesus and his papa have better things to do than cheer whenever people 'win' an argument about them? Can you see them with names on a chalkboard, with little marks "Oh, Dad, you won this one..." LOL

Maybe Gabriel and Jesus have an inter-heaven pool going on as to which religion will fail miserably next.

Odds on JWS!

ash

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

You know, considering that God is all-powerful, why doesn't he just show himself and end all of arguments? How can something so powerful, knowledgeable and all-permeating be so much in doubt?

• DJ
    DJ

Running man,

If you read the thread that the poster took my quote from..you will see God "showing Himself" through the written word of the bible.

Ashitaka,

I doubt that you read the entire thread. It is a classic example of the way people get carried away to bring false teachings when they do not test their inspired utterances. I would urge you to read it all through before you comment. The John 1:1 thread that you have taken my quote is a prime example of the way the wt teaches their nonsense. The thread really isn't something to make light of. The fact is, that because people like Aguest listen to "voices" that contradict the bible, many people are misled. If you find it amusing to see people try to teach lies to others, then I feel sad for you. I don't think that you know what you are doing here. There are some very serious issues there. The same "voice" that Aguest is heeding is the same voice that the wt leaders listen to. I don't see the humor.

• DJ
    DJ

I thought that you might be interested in a few things that Aguest's voice has taught her to teach us..Her you go..See if you think it was honorable for the other posters to challenge her teachings.

Aguest has claim these things in the John 1:1 thread and others....

* Jesus is a hymen.
    * The holy spirit is semen.
    * Jesus Christ's Human Body was SINFUL, it was born in sin.
    * Jesus Christ was a sick man, He had leprosy.
    * All Christians will become gods in the same way that Jesus is a god.
    * The Holy Spirit is Jesus.
    * The holy spirit [no capital letters] is God's power, God's blood, and God's semen.
    * Adam's body was created SINFUL by God [God created sin].
    * Jesus is "a god".
    * Jesus was created.
    * Jesus did not make Heaven and Earth.
    * People who DO NOT believe in the True Jesus can be saved if they do enough good works!
    * People who believe in a FALSE CHRIST can be saved if they do enough good works!
    * There is no soul/spirit that leaves the body at death.
    * The Bible has been corrupted and perverted and is NOT God's Word!
    * The New Testament (except for Revelation) was NEVER Inspired by God!
    * AGuest listens to, and obeys some sort of voice, which she claims is Christ's voice.
    * AGuest claims all of the above information was given to her from this voice.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

"you will see God "showing Himself" through the written word of the bible"

Showing himself, my ass. Spiderman has a book too, a lot of them in fact. That doesn't make him real.

• DJ
    DJ
    How can something so powerful, knowledgeable and all-permeating be so much in doubt?

Mainly because of people who distort and twist what the bible teaches or listen to voices that contradict what it teaches. This is how you were misled into being a jw. I am not asking you to believe in God. Ashitaka is making light of something that was very serious. Many who read Aguest's teachings on her threads could end up believing yet another false "voice". My purpose is to make sure that people who are seeking for God's truths are not misled by her. Runningman, I don't expect you to be understanding of what I am saying, you have made it clear that you don't believe in God. I'm just asking that you respect the people who are trying to help others from being further misled. Thanks for your courtesy. love, dj

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    Ashitaka is making light of something that was very serious.

Well, serious to some, funny in a classic way to others. If it's blasphemy, and you believe God hates blasphemers, then He'll deal with it, right?

It's just doctrine. It's just religion. To me, it's another classic example of why religion and the belief in God divide people. Making light of it is better than getting all huffy about it, IMO.

ash

• Francois
    Francois

I have always thought that AGuest would do well to get on a massive daily dose of Sonoquel and stay on it. Coupled with that anti-schizo drug, I think daily conversations with a post doc psychiatrist might work wonders.

At all times when not in conversation with the psychiatrist, AGuest should be contained in a suitably padded room with a 24/7 guard. If God wants AGuest out, God can see to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit