Any musicians here!

by be wise 7 Replies latest jw friends

• be wise
    be wise

I'm very ambitious as regards my music. I’m looking for any preferably weird, extremely patient, determined musicians who want to do electronic music mixed with guitars and vocals etc like massive attack mixed with Radiohead.

If anyone’s interested please contact me, 2 or 3 heads are better than one. I play guitar and I use Cubase SX at the moment and primarily Waveshell, Bluetubes and GRM Tools plugins to change my sounds rather than synths. I also love the sound of FM synthesis. I'm very open minded in which way to go with the music.

[email protected]

• Gwydion
    Gwydion

I come from a family of musicians. I personally sing and write my own music and I am a chord hack guitar player. My sister besides being a first chair clarinet player in school can play piano and is a very good singer and currently sings with two Detroit area band's the GT40's (a band that plays original compositions) and Ante M a cover band that plays at all the local bars and clubs. www.antem.net my younger brother plays both guitar and bass guitar. My mother currently plays the violin but she was once a top notch clarinet player and is also able to play the flute saxaphone and piano as well as having a good singing voice. My father is a guitar player and he and my uncle who is a lead singer and bass player have had a local band here in the Detroit area for nearly 30 years now. I have an appreciation for all styles and types of music. No exceptions, I will listen to anything at least once.

• be wise
    be wise

Wow! It must be great having all that talent in the family, although pretty noisy at times.

Nice promotion on your sisters bands website btw. I’m the first in my family to start writing music you're obviously a very talented lot. Is there anywhere I can listen to any of your stuff or ante m stuff, I’m always very interested in other people’s music?

• Gwydion
    Gwydion

If you give me an e-mail addy I can send some stuff that my sisters band has done. there are a couple of older songs at the bands web-site you could download too if you are interested.

• be wise
    be wise

Where can I contact you?

btw, I couldn't find any music on the site, maybe I didn't look hard enough.

• Gwydion
    Gwydion

It did indeed look as if they took the old stuff off. It used to be under Music but now it just says coming soon. Which means they will probably put some of their newer stuff on now. I can be contacted at [email protected]

• teejay
    teejay
    I’m looking for any preferably weird, extremely patient, determined musicians who want to do electronic music mixed with guitars and vocals etc like massive attack mixed with Radiohead.

Darn! I wish you'd asked a couple of weeks (or so) ago!! There used to be a musician 'round here with a personality just like you are looking for, but he was a pianist. And oh! He took his piano and went home.

• Prisca
    Prisca

I was going to post and say that I used to play the violin when I was little, and because of that I've always had an interest in music, but now I've read the thread I realise I'm out of my league. Oh well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit