ulterior motives?

by free will 7 Replies latest jw friends

• free will
    free will

so, i've done the fade. i've had no contact for about 2 and 1/2 months or so. today, (fathers day) a couple with their children came by my house. i always liked them and they are still very nice. anyway, they just chatted. but, the husband asked a lot of personal questions. what was my maiden name? where did i live before?... i'd like to think the best of them and that would be that they are trying to make me think if have friends in the truth. but, for some reason i'm skeptical. btw, the hubby is an elder. any opinions?

• Aztec
    Aztec

Free will, those are some personal questions to be asking out of the blue! Sounds like he was fishing for something. I hope you didn't tell him anything.

~Aztec

Okay seriously...what is up with the frigging highlighting all the time huh?

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'd advise caution. If he's an elder, there is indeed a good chance he's fishing for info that could well be used to your disadvantage later.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Free Will:

The Golden Rule when dealing with elders: say nothing, give no information. If at all possible have no contact whatsoever. Remember, anything you say WILL be used against you in kangaroo court.

Expatbrit

• shamus
    shamus

Ahmen to exaspirits comment.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

What other motives are there ?

• obiwan
    obiwan

ooohhh, watch your step!

• SYN
    SYN

Aztec, it might be that your Windows colour-scheme is interfering with the Rich Text control used for text input by this site.

Try using a different colour scheme, one of the default ones would be a good idea, and see if that helps...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit