Father's day

by JNS2 2 Replies latest jw friends

• JNS2
    JNS2

I just wished my Dad happy father's day for the first time since 1980, 23 years! I'm so glad he's still around so I could do that, I might have missed the opportunity because he's had medical problems lately. It felt strange, but also it felt like a good thing. I've been breathing free air for around a year & a half now. It's actually amazing when I think about it that for 23 straight years I denied myself the priviledge of such a normal thing to do. What a strong hold the organization had on me all those years.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I know, it feels so strange the first time doesn't it? You can almost hear the rule shattering!

I'm so glad you made it out in one piece. Good for you!

• myself
    myself

JNS2, same here. I just sent my dad the first father's day card ever. I mailed it Wednesday to make sure it would get there yesterday. I couldn't get him on the phone today so I left him a message. My daughter and a cousin have been there visiting this past week, they are on a side trip to New York, but she spoke to him earlier this morning, he was very pleased to receive the cards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit