Money obsessed JW's

by DIM 2 Replies latest jw friends

• DIM
    DIM

I happened to have a conversation over AOL IM with an old friend of mine back in PA....she is the kind of girl who is going to college, watches R rated movies...basically puts herself first but is still very brainwashed.....I never really noticed this before but she kept talking about herself, even mentioned how much her (very small) Condo is worth now....I found it very odd....I thought the paradise is right around the corner??

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

It is right around the corner...the corner of that circular room there.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

DIM,

It's funny you should mention this because my old friend (he hasn't talked to me in over a year) is a member of the other congregation that meets in your old hall. He is very poor. One time before I knew he was studying to be JW, he made a comment to me that the reason he like my boyfriend and myself is because we never treated him differently for being poor like his other "friends". For a poor person he was very materialistic and really wanted to make a lot of money so he could be "middle class." I figured out later on that it was probably the others in his hall who were the one putting him down. His sister, "the snob" is even worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit