Daughter off to Italy!

by TR 3 Replies latest social family

• TR
    TR

Well, my world traveling oldest daughter is off to Italy for two weeks tomorrow morning. She'll be flying into Seattle from Spokane for one night, then overseas she goes. Last summer she spent two weeks in the British Isles.

It's just so hard to believe that just 19 years ago she was born, and for 6 months was the most colicky baby I've ever seen. Didn't sleep a full night for six months. Then she turned into a quiet little book worm who excelled in all subjects she had in school. College was started two years early, and by this time next year she'll be a college graduate, earning a BA in business accounting from Gonzaga University.

Just think, if I had remained a 'hovah, she just might be languishing in a field service car group, or worse yet, at Brookyn Bethel, possibly marrying some Society slave. Thank god she was given the opportunity to excell and experience her dreams.

Maybe there is a God.

TR

• Prisca
    Prisca

I hope she has a wonderful, exciting and safe trip. I've been to Italy twice and it's great, so full of history!!

Yes, if she was a good little dub she'd be discouraged from spending money on trivial things like travelling (as some thought about my travels) and never be able to consider college education. Way to go Dad!

• Englishman
    Englishman

I loved it in Italy. The people are great, the food is excellent and the scenery is wonderful. Only drawback is the litter.

Englishman.

• TR
    TR

Oh, man, I wish I could have gone with her! I got a kick out of the travel videos she brought home. All those crazy Italians zipping around on scooters! Fun!

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit