Hey! What your favorite meal or recipe?

by Sadie5 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

Tired of feeding the family the same-o, same-o. Want to share your favorite grilling, crock pot or any other recipes or meals?

Thanks,

Sadie

• Englishman
    Englishman

Sadie,

I'm really partial to roast lamb, particularly cooked using one of Delia's recipes:

Englishman.

• blondie
    blondie

Barbecued Chicken

Corn on the Cob

Cucumber/Onion Salad

Strawberry Shortcake/Whipped Cream

• shamus
    shamus

Kraft Dinner....

Well, not really.

I love home-made pizza. Making the dough yourself and adding in parmesan into the dough makes it yummy!

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Englishman, thanks for the web site, looks like some good ideas there.

blondie, thinks I'll use your menu for the upcoming 4th of July.

Shamus, I 'll try that pizza with parmesan cheese in the dough.

Sadie

• Garnet
    Garnet

This usually goes over well, esp in the summer with corn on the cob....MMMMMMM

Pork chops:

Pack of 4 pork chops; 2 eggs beaten; bread crumbs mixed with spices (your choice, I usually use garlic,pepper and a little chili powder OR crushed red pepper..just for a kick)

Dip chops in egg mixture, then bread with crumbs & seasoning (any type) then put into a casserole dish. Place pads of butter on each chop, cover with foil and broil (top shelf) for about 37 minutes. Take foil off and broil for another 5-10 (depending on the thickness).

This is the easiest recepie ever and it is so good!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

This is my new favorite summer salad. It's super easy to make and has TONS of flavor. It's also great leftover.

Mediterranean Salad

1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives

1 - red onion

1 - orange bell pepper

1 - yellow bell pepper

1 - large cucumber

Chop all four vegetables and sprinkle with salt and mix well. Let marinate in refrigerator for 1 - 3 hours. Sprinkle liberally with feta cheese and chopped kalamata olives and serve. Yummy! Sometimes I put in a teaspoon or two of chopped garlic too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit