CoC and ISoCF just shipped!

by hurt 6 Replies latest jw friends

• hurt
    hurt

I just got my copies in the mail, my first orders from Amazon.com; Crisis of Conscience (CoC) 4th edition; In Search of Christian Freedom (ISoCF), 2002 edition (3rd printing). Am I glad!

There's an immediate decision to make though: some JWs still visit me; some elders still come over; Do I display the book on the bookshelf (like all other books) or keep them someplace out of view? I think it'll be interesting what I do. For those who are/were still technically in while they read these books, did you hide your copy?

• Shakita
    Shakita

If you don't want to be questioned on your loyalty to the org., I suggest you put them away out of prying eyes.

I have read CoC, and most of ISoCF, and my JW relatives know that I have them. I have family members, though, that have said that they will never shun us, so I keep them out in the open. Blood is thicker than the org. in our family. I wish I could say the same for others.

Good reading!

Mrs. Shakita

• blondie
    blondie

If you have elders that still visit, I would put them in a locked cabinet. When my husband was a new elder, he was told to snoop into people's video cabinets, books and computer games. Once he was with one elder who was disappointed that the videos were locked up. This elder assumed that the person was hiding something bad. Unless you are already DA'd or DF'd, I'd lock them up.

Blondie

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    he was told to snoop

Holy crap that's pathetic.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, it was. He didn't listen and told them he was sickened by it. He didn't stay an elder very long.

Blondie

• Hamas
    Hamas

I felt that I had to hide them whenever I was visited by anybody at the Hall.

But I was never visited, so I left them on the bookshelf ! muhuahahahaha

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

And to think... when we'd have "shepherding calls" while in the borg, we had our movie library right out in the open. It had such horrible "R" movies like The Matrix and the entire Alien collection. I would have went off on them if they commented on my movie choices, something that is supposed to be a conscience matter!

We do put away our CoC books and other stuff when JW family visits. At this point I'd rather not cause any more unnecessary tension in our relationship. But we don't hide the books; they're in our bookcase in one of the rooms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit