Reunion: I am SOO nervous!

by home_and_dry 5 Replies latest jw friends

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry

In around 2 hours time I am going to be meeting my 'real' father, whom I have never met.

I tracked him down via the net a couple of months ago and have been writing and phoning each other ever since. Today is D-Day, and at this moment I am shaking like a leaf! He left before I was born, almost 30 years ago, so it really is the first time we have ever seen each other.

I've come on here for a while to try and occupy myself before I leave to meet him. He sent me a huge boquet of flowers which were delivered this morning, which was lovely, but its kinda made me even more nervous!

If anyone wants to send out some 'calming vibes' they would be much appreciated!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Best wishes on your reunion, H & D !!

Your father's sending a bouquet of floseems like a peace offering intended to pave the way for a good session with you. I'll bet he's every bit as nervous as you are. He's hoping for acceptance just like you are.

Relax and enjoy this. This is a rare treat. Who knows what good things it could lead to ??!!

• blondie
    blondie

Hi HD. There's 2 sides to everything. It will be good to complete the picture.

Blondie

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Well...I don't know if I would react any differently, but I can relate a story, not exactly the same, but it may be interesting.

In my family there are 5 boys: me being the eldest.

When I was a teenager, I found out I had 2 older half-brothers. My mother had a son before I was born; he was raised with my grandmother, but we were told he was our uncle.

My father, had a son also, but didn't live anywhere near us. He lived with his mother in southern Ontario.

In 1984, I wanted to find out more about this 'brother' I had. So I placed an ad in the local paper. I received 3 replies. I met 1 family, but obviously they were not the same. I had one letter, but it was not even close to the information I had. Then I got another letter, and bang on! it was him. He knew who his father was (named my father's full name and more information).

We arranged to meet. It was very odd. Here is someone who looks vaguely like the rest of my family, but he was 24, I was 21. Never met before. We spoke on the phone. Eventually, I take the train down to meet with him.

Honestly, it was like starting from scratch.

It's a long story, but well...anything is possible.

I wish you nothing but the best with your first encounter.

Will you have anyone with you? friend, family member, wife ? I would highly recommend it at first. (Meeting Day)

You two can catch up (you and Dad) privately a bit later. You'll need that.

Best wishes, and please, please come back and let us know how things turned out, will you?

Thanks! It'll be an incredible experience, I'm sure.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Good luck! I was watching reunion shows on television yesterday, and I was bawling. I am so happy for you, and I hope that this meeting turns out to be the open door to much love and joy in your life.

Country Girl

• Hamas
    Hamas

Good luck mate, I don't think you will need it.

Remember, you're not doing it for the laughs

or the wisdom

or the legacy

You're just doing it

So that someday, somebody will say

'There goes David Brent. I must remember to thank him.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit