Battle over contamination at Watchtower site in Warwick

by OrphanCrow 71 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    I am sure they knew about it, bought it anyway, and planned all along to sue.

They LOVE to litigate.

X 2 thinking this all along

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I head somewhere also they knew about the site being contaminated and bought the land anyway.
  • JeffT
    JeffT

I added the third bullet point and didn't change the lead sentence. That's how accountants cook the books.

I do not know who they bought the land from, I'll try to find out. The news articles say they're suing International Nickel, I had assumed that's who they bought the land from, but it seems from one article they sold it in the eighties. But title searches and environmental due diligence still should have revealed the problem.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    JeffT: I do not know who they bought the land from, I'll try to find out. The news articles say they're suing International Nickel, I had assumed that's who they bought the land from, but it seems from one article they sold it in the eighties.

Thanks, Jeff.

There were a couple of colleges that were supposed to be built on the land in between WTS owning it and ownership by International Nickel but neither plan came to fruition (maybe they figured out that the soil was contaminated first).

I wonder who it was that owned the land and who profited from the WTS buying it. And who was the real estate agent who pocketed the sales commission.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I wonder who it was that owned the land and who profited from the WTS buying it. And who was the real estate agent who pocketed the sales commission.

Yeah that's a very interesting detail that might get somewhere I'll leave that to our investigators to find out. I tend to think that the GB are easy pray for some sales guy who appeals to personal vanities which we all have could arrange such a deal to a bunch of delusional idiots and make a sweet commission.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    BW: I tend to think that the GB are easy pray for some sales guy who appeals to personal vanities ...

Or...they are easy prey to the "green handshake"...and to the generous donations that come back to them when they do business with wealthy JWs. Ya know...I think it is called "patronage" or something like that...

• Zoos
    Zoos
    but the organization's law suit smacks of amateur lawyering to recover costs and oozes incredible naivete.

Or could it be they bought the land knowing full well the condition, planning to sue down the line to help fund the whole damned project?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman
    @Zoos... Bingo - Bingo - Bingo!!!
  • Zoos
    Zoos

Just read the posts above.

Ever feel late to the party?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

captainschmideo2 - "...The WTBS is in for a very long, very expensive legal battle..."

So that's what all the money is needed for... :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit