Battle over contamination at Watchtower site in Warwick

by OrphanCrow 71 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Didn't the holy spirit give it a once over before they laid the holy money down?
  • Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe
    How many opportunities did they have to pull out? Before they bought? After they bought but before they began building? In the real world, everybody involved in these decisions would be fired.
  • cognac
    cognac
    Didn't the holy spirit give it a once over before they laid the holy money down?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

YES!

We always get stories about the Holy Spirit directing people to "get the truth", BUT why was it asleep at the wheel during this time?

That broadcasting episode even said that "God helped that man find a water pipe leak on a building site", so why didn't it help find that the land purchased was a toxic dump that would cost huge money, and potentially risk thousands of people health!???

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Jeehoober's angels are great at plumbing, not so great at detecting contamination. Well, Ya can't win 'em all!!!

DD

• Listener
    Listener

This had been reported by JWleaks 3 years ago regarding Warwick

"Also, a total of 26 "soil borings" were carried out around the site and 18 "test pits" were dug in close proximity to the main key buildings. None of these were on locations where any buildings were to actually be built/redeveloped. They are not soil testing for any registered building constructions. In conjunction with this, extensive "high-water table testing" was done on the adjacent Sterling Forest Lake even though all proposed new buildings and redevelopments are located at least 10 feet above any existing high-water level. The area was also mapped for high groundwater locations. An extensive "Geotechnical Engineer Report" was prepared for this."

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/230064/mystery-societys-beth-shan-secret-cult-compound?page=2&size=20

It may be that they carried out an extensive investigation into the contamination. JW leaks reports that there was extensive underground work being planned with underground pathways extending from one end of the building site to the other and a large underground parking lot, I wonder if these had to be reconsidered due to the contamination?

• Incognito
    Incognito

It is my understanding that there were 2 colleges that had each owned the property with an intention of building a campus. The cost of contamination remediation was too high so the property was again placed on the market and WT then purchased it.

I expect the contamination was well known and documented prior to the WT purchase. They likely bought it cheaply while intending to launch legal action against INCO.

Isn't there another similarly contaminated property in the UK which WT recently purchased?

• sir82
    sir82

I expect the contamination was well known and documented prior to the WT purchase. They likely bought it cheaply while intending to launch legal action against INCO.

Isn't there another similarly contaminated property in the UK which WT recently purchased?

So, you're saying it appears that the WTS business model is, buy contaminated properties on the cheap, then sue the prior owners to clean up the mess?

I'm no real estate tycoon, nor do I play one on TV, but even I think that is extraordinarily risky.

• Incognito
    Incognito

I'm not saying anything. I only understand there are 2 similarly contaminated properties which WT purchased for large projects.

It appears with the Warwick property, the 2 prior owners were aware of the contamination and didn't want to deal with remediation. WT then purchased, cleaned it up and have now launched legal action.

I'm not aware of the current status of the UK property.

While speculating on success in legal action may appear to be risky, WT may have taken the view that they have little to loose in making an attempt.

Since they have their own full time legal department, initiating legal action would cost relatively little. Since the cleanup was likely performed by volunteer labor, the largest expense for cleanup was probably for test wells, excavation and hauling to a secure site and then trucking in new materials. Much of the equipment would be their own which would be necessary for land preparation even without the contamination.

Depending on the actual purchase price for the property, WT may be ahead money even if they are not successful in winning any legal action.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

So, you're saying it appears that the WTS business model is, buy contaminated properties on the cheap, then sue the prior owners to clean up the mess?

I'm no real estate tycoon, nor do I play one on TV, but even I think that is extraordinarily risky

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they'd done this. Their legal fees, while probably inflated for purposes of the lawsuits, are probably much lower than a normal company's would be. They probably used free labor for much of the remediation, and expect to get a settlement for an amount that would cover hiring it out.

To normal people, this seems like a risky plan, but if they're truly making decisions with the thought that god has their backs (which appears more and more likely to me all the time) then it sounds like a perfect plan. They've probably also gotten an inflated sense of their legal prowess since the current GB was raised on tales of supreme court victories in the US and abroad. They increasingly act like they're buying their own bullshit and this makes me excited for what the future may hold.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit